Cannot view videos

Comment on this site; suggest improvements; be firm but polite.
13rebel

Cannot view videos

Post by 13rebel »

When I go to' see it operate' each selection shows a black panel with 'you need flash player installed and enabled '. I have installed flash player 11 and it tells me it is successful. I am using a laptop with Windows Vista and Internet Explorer. To get into the site, I type https://pennymachines.co.uk into the Google box and click on the first one that comes up. Do I need to do something else to 'enable' Flash? The menu strip down the left side is not as it has always been - it is now a small silver panel with the menu in very small print and somewhat shaded. Please advise, thanks.
jonesthegarage

Re: cannot view videos

Post by jonesthegarage »

Someone will give you a far more instructive response but doesn't it all make you hark for the days when if something went tits up you just went back to the start and threw a double six?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Nursey takes Mr P's Coconut Macaroons up to him in 20 mins, I'll ask her to mention it to him as soon as he remembers his name.
Attachments
Coconut macaroons2.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Possible causes which spring to mind.

1. The Flash player needs to be enabled in your browser settings: Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer

2. JavaScript must be enabled in your browser setting for the player to work on this site: How to enable JavaScript in a web browser?

If you've done this and it still fails, maybe your Flash player installation failed.
Can you view Flash content on other sites? If you visit http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ do you see the short Flash advert below the "Adobe Flash Player" text?

Sometimes the Flash plugin crashes. If this has occurred, try clearing your cache and restarting Internet Explorer: How to Clear Your Internet Explorer Cache (Windows)
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

Thanks Mr PM, the Flash Player is now enabled and I can see the short film as you describe but still no joy and I'm afraid I'm not sure which topic I should be selecting on the Java script page !PUZZLED! I think I'm on Internet Explorer 9.
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

Just installed Java version 7 update 21......no joy.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

This site does not require the Java plugin but it does require JavaScript for the Flash content (Java & JavaScript are quite different).
Click this to check whether it is enabled. If not, see the link above for how to enable it.

It's also possible you turned off the Flash content on this site (deliberately or accidentally) by clicking the little red 'F' symbol, bottom left of the navigator. I've not rebuilt the button to turn it back on again since reworking the site navigation !OMFG!
If this is the case, you can reactivate Flash by deleting the pennymachines cookie. How to delete cookies...
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

Just as I was going to chuck the computer out of the window trying to navigate through the maze I got to the deleting cookies bit and hey presto! That one did the trick! Thank you Mr PM for your time and expertise - much appreciated. :D
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

PS Lest I break my computer again, perhaps you could do a clicky thingy for the Heartbeat programme I mentioned in 'See it Operate'? I'm sure it would have some appeal.