this site grrrrrrr

Comment on this site; suggest improvements; be firm but polite.
riche100

this site grrrrrrr

Post by riche100 »

i wrongly put a wanted ad for a nostalgia 808 key and a replacment backflash in questions and answers ?

infact i asked where i could find such items which is indeed a question ?

and i get a snooty message saying ive posted in the wrong section , i am trying to sell something and my post has been deleted ??

why not just move it for me to wanted if admin believe it to be for that part of the forum ?

gggrrrrr this forum sometimes not friendly atall

richard
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: this site grrrrrrr

Post by pennymachines »

Hi Richard,

In an endeavour to remain friendly, helpful and consistent...
If you send me your Wanted advert, either by email or PM, I'll place it in the appropriate Market Wanted section.

Regards,
PM.
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

riche100 wrote:gggrrrrr this forum sometimes not friendly atall
richard
Beg to differ, Richard. This is a fantastic site where advice and resources are freely made available to those in need of assistance. I would guess that the degree to which a query is responded to can be affected by the way in which the query is put. For example, I recently noticed a wanted ad in eBay where someone needs similar help to what you are looking for, even mentioning that they would rather not have to drill out the lock for which they lost the key. They then add a sentence in big red capitals threatening to send an empty Asda bag at the responders cost should they be daft enough to place a bid on a wanted ad! Personally, I would not respond to such an approach, even though the answer should be relatively simple (similar discussions have been held a number of times on this site).

On to your lost key problem. In your shoes, If I were determined to keep the original lock (and I would be) I would take the machine to a good locksmith who can undoubtedly pick the lock and make a replacement key. I had one done recently and it cost me less than £15.00. I cannot help you with the backflash but, again, there are members of this forum who have provided advice in the past as to how backflashes might be restored / replicated. Do a search through Resources to see if one has been placed there and, failing that, search earlier threads for the restoration / replication advice.

All the best.

Alan
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

JC has all the remaining Nostalgia stock, have you tried asking him?? [url]http://www.allwinspares.co.uk/[/url]
riche100

Post by riche100 »

thank you slotalot i indeed did contact allwin spares thank you after getting a awful initial responce here

thanks for your reply
riche100

Post by riche100 »

thanks for your reply alan , although keep your opinions for yourself . about what you may think i think about this site AS YOUR WRONG . i wasnt sniping at this site and its resources etc , i was merely pointing out how my question was initially removed and i recieved a snooty message saying it had been deleted and could i now post for sale or wanted ads in that section again and goto market .

ALSO where else would a member go of this site when they ask a perfectly reasonable question and they get fobbed off or ignored , thats why i created a bogus ebay listing as i tried google and drew a blank , also feck all todo with you . maybe try helping instead of picking fault with me and my listings . and if you cant help keep quiet ..

goodday to you
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

!SUN!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Richard,
You didn't take up my offer to place your advert in the Market.
I understand your frustration about the strict forum no trading rule.
However, as I reminded you a couple of months ago, the first part of the first line of the User Agreement remains: Please do not use the Forum to advertise items "Wanted". The second line is Such postings will be deleted.
Obviously, this applies whether you pose them as questions or statements.
riche100 wrote:keep your opinions for yourself
We encourage expression of opinion here. You're free to state yours - that we're being snooty by enforcing the Forum User Agreement you signed up to when you joined - just as others should be free to disagree with you, without being sworn at.

Once again, I'm locking this thread.