The ongoing strength of this Forum

Comment on this site; suggest improvements; be firm but polite.
coppinpr

The ongoing strength of this Forum

Post by coppinpr »

Having upgraded my PC this month I'm busy reloading software and, finding I have some spare time in front of the monitor, I decided to check the membership stats of our forum for last year just to see how it goes. I found that :-
216 new members joined of which exactly half submitted at least one post
The average number of new members per month was 18
The worst month for new members was Sept with only 10
This was followed by our best month - Oct with 25 (there were 23 in Nov)
The best single day was Jun 9th when 4 members joined.

I did do a similar test last year and the findings were much the same. My conclusion is that the forum is very healthy, and it does show that people interested in our hobby are out there and in steady numbers. It's a small interest hobby for sure but it's not slipping away and this forum is doing more than its share in keeping it going. !!THUMBSX2!!
gameswat

Re: The ongoing strength of this forum

Post by gameswat »

Interesting data there. Though from the new members who do post, seems like most are interested in 1960s and '70s bandits. I guess new collectors have to start somewhere and the low price is an incentive for sure. But sadly most '50s to modern bandits hold little or no interest for me so usually don't bother reading those posts very often. When that's all that's talked about for more than a week I tend to deliberately throw in a post about something much older and rarer to keep myself amused.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

I only came here to read the meter! :D
That was in 2008 and I haven't been home since.... :oops: It's such a big site I can't find my way out again... :!HELP:!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Gameswat, would agree with you generally around the bandit dominance, but if you look at the last 100 listings, appears not to be the case. I do wonder though if there has been a recent drop in posts, especially new threads, maybe the time of year.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Here is another interesting fact, the first four people to comment on this thread are responsible for over 4700 posts on the forum out of a total of just over 23000 - one fifth of the total. :shock:
jingle

Re: The ongoing strength of this Forum

Post by jingle »

Rory you want to keep yourself amused :!?!:
Havnt you got a bleeding huge beach at the bottom of your street lad SkEpTiCaL y
Were all here dreaming of totty walkin down the beach
With little on ,while shivering in 2 degrees,,

Get down there with ya camera lad
Send us some pictures !LOOK! !LOOK!
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

You're right, not far from the beach, but haven't been in a year! Sick the last 10 months and very low on energy and attention span so haven't been doing much of anything except trying to catch up on a huge backlog of machine projects. :(
ddstoys

Post by ddstoys »

Gameswat wrote:You're right, not far from the beach, but haven't been in a year! Sick the last 10 months and very low on energy and attention span so haven't been doing much of anything except trying to catch up on a huge backlog of machine projects. :(

I'm happy to help with your backlog of projects Rory best part is I work for old bits of timber and brass ;)