selling stuff

Comment on this site; suggest improvements; be firm but polite.
jimmycowman

selling stuff

Post by jimmycowman »

hi i keep looking at the market site now and again and there never seems to be much on it ,would it be an idea to let people sell slotty stuff free for a while to get things going???? the site cant be making any money at about one item a month ....
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Site Admin, I am sure there are many of us out here who appreciate what you are doing and would thank you for all your efforts. I have found this site extremely interesting and absolutely invaluable for information and rescorces regarding slot machines. Long may it continue.

Richard
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Friends,
I am continually amazed by the subtle but significant differences between the collectors here in the US and all of you. In the States, we have a national collectors club (COCA) and it is normal to have regional meeting at members' homes and tour their collections as well as those of near-by members. While I do not have proof, I have been told and have no reason to disbelieve that such touring of private collections by persons unknown is almost unheard of in the UK. That is a pity. On the other hand, you have two individuals, the present site administrator and Melvyn Wright of Bryans fame who pour hundreds of hours of their time and amazing talent into this delightful sites. We have nothing to compare with either Pennymachines or Bryans here in America despite our much larger collecting community. The amount of information and support that you enjoy through these two arenas is worth far more than you're currently paying! Treasure these two gentlemen and the invaluable contribution they make to the hobby we all love.
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

Well said John, I couldn`t agree more. Combined with Jerry I think these two sites are keeping slot collecting alive over here. I for one am truly grateful, and have expressed my thanks to the people concerned, please lets not take them for granted!
Have a great Christmas everyone.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Yes we are a strange bunch and no mistake. The issue of not sharing our collections in the UK, I think is grounded in our suspicion of being robbed.
I base this theory on an experience I had several years ago.

I replied to an advert for a very old Showman's Living wagon. After several phone calls to discuss it I felt like I'd been cross examining a murder suspect over the phone.
There was nothing left other than going and viewing the wagon.
I arranged to meet the owner and drove the 80+ miles, on arrival he let me walk all round it and ask questions, but wouldn't let me look inside, wouldn't even open the door. The reason? Well he had some allwins stored in there. However if I were serious he'd let me repeat the 160 mile round journey once he'd had time to remove them? His reaction to my view that he was wasting my time was astonishing he felt his caution was totally understandable.
Funny buggers us Brits.
I add my thanks and compliments to those like "Pennymachines" "Melvyn"
"John Hanson" "JC" and .... yes .... "S.Hunt Esq." without whom we probably wouldn't know each other or have had the opportunities to further our hobby.