Where are my posts?

Comment on this site; suggest improvements; be firm but polite.
classicgambler

Where are my posts?

Post by classicgambler »

Topic moved - Site Admin.

Can anyone tell me why my posts get deleted? I posted a topic in the Tips and Tricks to see if anyone can help me with a lock on an allwin but I can't see the post anywhere not even in View Your Posts. Was it something I said ??? coz if it was then I will grab my coat !!RANT!! !!RANT!! !!RANT!!
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Re: where are my posts

Post by coin-op »

Can't see why a moderator would have deleted it. I suggest you try re-posting it in case it was merely a glitch or error in moving from the 'draft' posting to a 'live ' posting. Did you actually check the forum section after you had made the posting and saw that it was there?
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

I had looked in the original thread where it was put. It even said post successful because I even put in a photo. It was viewed 18 times but after half an hour it just vanished into thin air.
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

That does seem puzzling. I wonder if there is a gremlin at work; but that's something Mr Pennymachines would have to look into and I don't think he's on the clock at the moment. I really think it's likely a glitch and cannot see on the face of it any reason it would be intentional. I suggest, if you don't mind, that you attempt to re-post it and we see what happens with it. Also, if you could PM me the message, if it disappears again, I'll post it and see if I suffer the same fate.
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

I've just redone the post again. Can you see it? If so, I think it be better to keep an eye on it to see if that does the same.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi Leslie, Just had a look back through you posts, and the last one was about a pusher motor??
I don't think any of the mods will have taken your post down,
coin-op says it was not him, and I know it wasn't me, and I doubt that BP will have done it.. :tut
I think it must be down to a computer error somewhere down the line :smash:
as coin-op say best thing is to try reposting it.
!SORRY!
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

I see you have re-posted the question and I've put a reply in.
classicgambler

Post by classicgambler »

Yer, I have reposted it and thanks I did send you pm coin-op just in case it went again I had said to coin-op stu that when I put the original one on in the first place it was viewed 18 times then all of a sudden it just vanished into thin air, but there is one thing though I did post something about those three machines in the same thread ( tips and tricks ) about the reels not spinning. Can you remember me messaging you stu on FB about them? Well that post has also gone adrift but I only realized until after tonight's one.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Stranger things happen at sea. !PUZZLED!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Where are my posts?

Post by pennymachines »

As mods have said, we really don't wilfully delete posts. A little internal investigation has revealed this was an admin error and not the more worrying possibility of a hacker or server crash. It's all too easy when moving posts etc. to hit the wrong button. Anyway, apologies to you CG.
By the way - I've moved your Allwin lock, lost key topic from Tips & Tricks to here in Questions & Answers because it's not really a tip or trick thread as it stands.