Comment on this site; suggest improvements; be firm but polite.
13rebel

Re: New Look Website

Postby 13rebel » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:48 pm

I have also used the f12 developer tools to delete and the smart phone icon again but no joy.......should I delete 'all board cookies' on the site?.....or perhaps use a bigger hammer?

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:51 pm

Would you mind taking a peek at (link removed - Site Admin.) and let me know what (if anything) you see and whether the navigation switches work? (The images won't display on this test page).

13rebel

Postby 13rebel » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:31 pm

OOH,AAH,that link brings up the EH 20th September auction results together with a video [a previously used one] which is playable. I am able to scroll down. There are no images of the items in the auction just text and boxes with small squares with red crosses in the top left corners,when clicked on the squiggly colours are on the screen and in a box at the top of the screen it says 'page not available' [or 'found'].Don't know about 'navigation switches', however there is a box above the video with 'elephant house auctions' inside. When this is clicked upon,it takes me straight to EH page and everything,including the two missing results is there.Goodee! Are we nearly there? If you need photos let me know. Thanks.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:39 am

OK, based on that test, I'm testing the 'new-improved' site menu on the Forum.
Apart from the Forum, so far it's only implemented on this Arena page: https://pennymachines.co.uk/.Arena/E ... 9.15.shtml

Can you confirm it's working?
In particular, can you try clicking the mini menu icon
desk-menu.jpg
to bring up the mobile menu which should look something like this:
minimenu.jpg

13rebel

Postby 13rebel » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:32 pm

Back to square one I'm afraid.When your link is clicked on I get the picture montage [choc machine,golf machine etc] and no ability to scroll down.When the mini menu icon is clicked on then I get the same overlay as before so am unable to get to the moble menu. The overlay will very briefly dissapear when I press the back arrow and then reappear.Despite closing down and opening the site several times I am still left with the overlay without the verticle blue menu bar.

13rebel

Postby 13rebel » Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:33 pm

Just an update. I have no vertical blue bar on left, no mini menu or phone icon. When I access the Arena via the very bottom of the board index I can get the latest EH auction results but no other items in the Arena. Also can't get Calendar, Archive, Market etc. All just the squiggly coloured lines.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:32 am

Thanks for the update.
A couple of days ago I ran Windows Vista on a virtual machine and browsed the site using Internet Explorer 7. The mess which confronted me is presumably more or less what you're seeing. :o
I guess if I can get it to function on IE7, it should also work on IE9, although I've learned it's tempting fate to make such assumptions. Unfortunately, because almost everything fails with IE7, I'm forced to provide an alternative simplified menu just for IE9 (and earlier). Even this is proving tricky without screwing things up for modern browsers, but I'll have another bash at it tomorrow.
Archive, Arena, Calendar, Library, and Museum should be viewable now. !PRAY!!

I know you can't update your browser, as 9 is the last supported version on Vista, but it might be worthwhile installing Firefox or Chrome.

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:03 am

works fine with Chrome !!YIPPEE!!
N.F.G with Internet Explorer !!JUNK!! !!JUNK!! !!JUNK!!

!!GOODJOB!!

youngerap

Postby youngerap » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:07 pm

Works fine with Firefox, too! !!CHEERS!!

13rebel

Postby 13rebel » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:26 pm

I've taken the hint and installed Chrome and everything seems fine. :D Thanks for your efforts Mr PM and I hope your headache has gone.