Wanted & for sale

Comment on this site; suggest improvements; be firm but polite.
gameswat

Possible parts listing section?

Post by gameswat »

Hey PM, I just stumbled onto and then joined a Facebook site for Jukebox collectors listing parts, asking for parts, trading and selling parts. And after recently finding the Mathewson Cricket castings it got me thinking such a section on your site would be damned advantageous. I imagine many of us have rare parts laying around that we'll likely never use and so some kind of database to at least list them would be useful. I've sold a handful of parts over the years via this site but someone had to specifically ask for them to begin with. Just a thought. !PUZZLED!
treefrog

Re: Possible parts listing section?

Post by treefrog »

I guess this is called the market.....

Problem is, it has been there for a long time and use has dropped to almost no use at all now. It is exactly as you mention, you list at the price you want or the auction for seeing what it achieves. I believe the upload of pictures has been broken for a while, but the main issue is the lack of use I am afraid. Shame really, I even joined half a dozen Facebook groups to see what they are like and same really with occasional stuff coming up and usual questions on their machines and crazy asking prices.

Biggest frustration on this site are the 300 watchers who even log in and never have anything to say, even seen people logging in having joined over 10 years ago and never posted let lone sell spares or rare items..... :#:

So perhaps I will post lots of questions why everyone does not use one site instead of dozens, but will fall of deaf ears.......
dickywink

Post by dickywink »

Hi Gameswat ...
Do you have a link for the facebook Jukebox page please ... i would be interested

all the best.... Dicky
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Tree, no, not the Market. A database of parts belonging to any particular user, don't have to be priced just available for sale or trade, that anybody searching the site or net could come across. Maybe a page on the users profile?
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

sounds like a great idea to me, hardest part is getting people to part with their parts
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

sounds like a great idea,if Mr P. isn't interested Ill try it on www.penny-arcade.info if people think it worth while
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I think a Forum Category is preferable, otherwise it could become "Hunt the page to find the bit you're hunting for".
We've already had one individual in the last year accuse us of being secretive SkEpTiCaL

A quick gander at the Forum's Category page shows five topics with less than a hundred topics posted that might be merged, either with each other or postings for Spares. :cool:

BP
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

As I mentioned on the 24th,
pennymachines wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:24 pm Like so many of my slot machines, the Market software needs major restoration. Unfortunately, I've not had time this year to tackle it. Next year I plan to introduce completely new software.
This will be integrated into the Forum Categories.
Billy gates

Wanted & for sale

Post by Billy gates »

As a frequent visitor to the forum section, would it be possible to have a “wanted” and “items for sale” section located in the forum rather than in the menu section? I for one would welcome this. What do others think? :!?!:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Wanted & for sale

Post by pennymachines »

Hi BG,
I've merged my reply (above) to a similar question a few weeks ago. It's my next project but one...