My Finished Lord Sega

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
simzee47

My Finished Lord Sega

Post by simzee47 »

Hi All,
I've corresponded about my "Lord Sega" on the Open Forum but as I've now got "activated" I thought I'd show it here.
As the before pictures show, it was in a right state when I bought it for £50. It had been in a farmers shed for don't know how long. Cabinet received the Nitromores treatment and low and behold pristine Formica sides revealed. From the pictures which were posted for me I tried to identify the paint colours. I ended up with a Ford Red from the local car shop and "Platikote" Creme de la Creme. Some Silver and Satin Black (which I had) and Blue Hammer (£5). Tin of aluminium primer (£4).
Cleaned up all the mechanism and made a top fitting for the coin overflow tube. All the electrics were fine. Fitted a new pump washer. Then had a pile of the rusty chrome parts re-chromed. This included the coin tray. Guy couldn't polish all the pitting out of the tray itself but you hardly notice it. The Alloy front and the "Lord Sega" strip I just had polished not re-chromed. I've done this before on Jukeboxes I've restored. It's half the price of chrome on alloy and looks as good.
All the chrome and polishing was £80.
So I've got a nice looking Sega for about £145. Not bad eh!!
LordSega5.JPG

Attachments
LordSega4.JPG
LordSega3.JPG
LordSega2.JPG
LordSega1.JPG
slotalot

Re: My Finished Lord Sega

Post by slotalot »

Wow what a difference :D , nice tidy machine, well done... :tarah:
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Bloody marvelous ! that is so nice, anohter bargain at £145 !! You had more of a challenge than me, but buy jove jolly good. That slight pitting in the cash tray, probably if they polished anymore then your cash tray would have holes in it. Its a difficult call, to keep going or to stop with the thing intact. I bet the polisher was cursing cause apparently the time spent on my one (came back yesterday) the guy said for labour time it should of cost double ....heh heh, result. I love your machine, congratulations. Malc
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Well done, it's good to see so much effort going into 40 year old bandits that would have been ignored when I started collecting. Trouble is you guys are raising the standards here to the point that my efforts look pathetic.
Darned young whippering snappering no good youngsters, bah humbug! Dagnabit! :!:
simzee47

Post by simzee47 »

Hi All,
Thanks for all the complimentary remarks. I take them as praise indeed from you long standing experts. I still have to get new locks because the person I bought it from didn't have the keys. I think to get a locksmith to work out what the keys are would be more expensive than new ones. One of my Jukebox suppliers does them for about £5. The lock engagement tabs were missing from the door so need to make those. Apart from that I have to persuade "'er indoors" as to where it can live. Persuading her about 4 jukeboxes was difficult!!
Dave
andy-m

Post by andy-m »

wow nice job, that looks great. :D
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

simzee47 wrote:Hi All,
Thanks for all the complimentary remarks. I take them as praise indeed from you long standing experts. I still have to get new locks because the person I bought it from didn't have the keys. I think to get a locksmith to work out what the keys are would be more expensive than new ones. One of my Jukebox suppliers does them for about £5. The lock engagement tabs were missing from the door so need to make those. Apart from that I have to persuade "'er indoors" as to where it can live. Persuading her about 4 jukeboxes was difficult!!
Dave
Not neccessarily, i went to the locksmith and it just happened he used to collect one arm bandits. I had a jubilee with original locks, no keys. The tube bit between the lock and the catch was broken at the bottom. He bored out the bottom of the tube, applied new thread, worked two keys to fit the locks (so 2 locks done, 4 new keys supplied and the lock fixed) all for £14! I gave him £20 for his trouble.
You just need an old school locksmith! Keep the original locks in case you want to punt it on, it will keep value, try getting the keys fitted first! you may be surprised. Malc
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

So inspired by your results have picked up a similar machine myself for £50, also came with a working jackpot. Solidly built machine, certainly evident by its weight, this must be the heaviest bandit I have come across. Looks like it's all there apart from the Top Payline sheet, but I am sure I can make something up from all the pictures online. I need to finish other projects first..... :roll:
Attachments
lord-sega2.jpg
lord-sega1.jpg
simzee47

Post by simzee47 »

Hi Tree Frog,
Your Lord looks in better nick than mine was!! I'd like a jackpot mech. You did well for £50. Any time you can do a close up foto of the lock engagement on the door and post it I'd appreciate. Mine are missing and if I'm going to make them might as well make them correct. Mine has all the parts in the cabinet just missing the bits on the door.
Regards
Dave
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

A nice lot of fettling as andy says ahead, good luck with your lord sega and keep us posted on the progress, cant wait to see the results, malc
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

These are the lock plates on the door, let me know if you need any other info
Tom
Attachments
door lock1.jpg
door-lock2.jpg
ninecup

Post by ninecup »

Wow! Fantastic job there. I had to do a similar restoration on a Mad Money, so I appreciate the work involved. Well done.
segabefore.jpg
segabefore.jpg (12.84 KiB) Viewed 2046 times

simzee47

Post by simzee47 »

Thanks for door catch pictures. Just what I needed.
Dave