Jennings Galaxy, Jennings in General Etc.

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
andy-m

Jennings Galaxy, Jennings in General Etc.

Post by andy-m »

Hi All
There's a Jennings Galaxy on ebay. Done a search but can't find much about it. Interesting little machine by the looks. Anyone ever had one??

Still got that spare space in my hall for a Jennings, seen few about, how easy is to change the jackpot glass? Not seen the Jennings cabinet up close. There was a nice one last week and the mouse was a hovering over the bid button but wasn't sure of the £999 open bid. ooo errr Mrs. If it was a bit cheaper may have been tempted.

While I'm at it..... I can't believe it's only Tuesday, bleeding 'ell, feels like I been at work a full week already. Also why do supermarkets sell frozen ready cooked meals with the bit about microwave cook only hidden in braile. Tried a Tesco chicken breast in Madera sauce last night, very nice with chips, bought it after taking it to the customer service point and asking her to translate instructions.
Right I'm done.

malcymal

Re: Jennings Galaxy, Jennings in General Ect.

Post by malcymal »

Hi Andy, I've seen the Jennings Galaxy on a lot of US sites, there was also one back on ebay before Xmas just like this. Has George bought it and done it up - it looks very similar? I have a slight memory flashback that this might have been Jennings last stand against the revolutionary Bally with hopper system? It's a good looking machine, interesting, it's sort of heading into a seventies look to be a bit more modern. If you like it and want it, go for it. Certainly don't show up that often.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I've had a couple of Galaxies in my time and have one upstairs at the moment that is awaiting a thump with a heavy hammer to fine tune it, I also have a spare set of fresh castings to go on it. One day eh? One day.

There are some out there with electric hopper payouts, but all of mine have been mechanical.
The mechs will slide in and out of any Jennings Standard Bell type machine including the Chief and a 1930's Dixie Bell I have.
I wouldn't pay more than £450/£500 depending on condition.
andy-m

Post by andy-m »

And there it was gone----------------->>>>>>>>
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

What about this one? Is this the one with broken glass you are talking about? Must be a relatively logical task to change the glass, if it's shaped just take it to a glazer to make one up. You could always put clear perspex in until you've got the glass fettled.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jennings-The-Gove ... 240%3A1318