gum card machines

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
loramarsden

gum card machines

Post by loramarsden »

recently managed to get my paws on a premiere gum and card vendor,i believe its from belgium...

im planning to design my own cards for the machines, in the left side, cards delivering information about the history of various slots, and the other half are going to be 'paper novelties'... im going to be screenprinting them, i want each card to be a piece of art in its own right!

so, anyway, i've got to write up about this in my journal, and i was just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about the machines?

i've done some research about 'topps' cards, particularly some of their great 'hand coloured' photograph cards!

so erm, yeah, any info about gum cards or card vendors would be a GREAT help to me! thankyou everyone xxx !!CHEERS!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: gum card machines

Post by badpenny »

Well done, you're on your way to having a collection :D

Phottie please ..............
The Grabber

Post by The Grabber »

hi
ive got a shoe box full of premier gum cards ,i can send you some if you like
if you contact pennymachines he can send you my email for contact
regards mike.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi Lora :cool: , checkout this link http://www.gameroomantiques.com/kdCards.htm you might find some info here !!JUNK!! also the website has some pages with card vending machines !SQUELCH!
PS don't forget to post some of your work on the forum !!PHOTO!! I am sure we would all love to see it. :tarah:
loramarsden

Post by loramarsden »

well, as usual, i've got to start with a big THANKYOU for your replies !!THUMBSX2!!

i can't tell you how much all your help on this forum is helping me through my degree, i'll make sure i post up an invite for my degree show so if anybody is in manchester around the time of the show you could pop in and see my final piece :D

as for the premier cards it would be BRILLIANT if you could send someone, i'll make sure i get onto getting the e-mail address!

oh, and thankyou for the link, though i have come across this site before, but in truth was unable to find it again, so it's now safely in my favorites!

bye for now :byee:
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Lora, can we see a picture of your vendor?? ta Malc
loramarsden

Post by loramarsden »

sorry, i've been so busy flapping trying to get my uni work done in time for the show :burp: , but i've spent half an hour procrastinating to make a nice picture for you all!... here you go :cool:
Attachments
gumcardvendor.jpg
spintop

Post by spintop »

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

spintop wrote:.
:o

........... have I gone deaf?
spintop

Post by spintop »

. :byee: i'm over here !!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

ARRRGH!!! ...... don't do that
loramarsden

Post by loramarsden »

dont do what???... !PUZZLED!

anyway, the picture doesnt show what ive done really. all ive done so far is change the panel thingies on it! the original photo doesn't show it but they're just some inkjet printed photos obviously from another machine, they dont fit or match. the previous owner must have photographed a similar machine and just printed out his photos and stuck them in! they look pretty terrible!

one side of the machine will be vending my own designs distributing my own images/artwork/information about gag novelties (my other passion) and the other side vending information and photos of various slots and games machines n stuff :-)

i'll take a proper photo when its all done! x
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

loramarsden wrote:dont do what???... !PUZZLED!
spintop crept up on my blind ear and spooked me. (on t'other page)
spintop

Post by spintop »

badpenny its time you invested in some specs for your " Blind Ear " !!THUMBSX2!!
Attachments
dig2go_ear_glasses.jpg
dig2go_ear_glasses.jpg (9.5 KiB) Viewed 2784 times
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Sorry Lora, this is totally OFF TOPIC and we appear to have kidnapped your thread, but that is such a good idea perhaps you could use it in your degree work.
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

loramarsden wrote:sorry, i've been so busy flapping trying to get my uni work done in time for the show :burp: , but i've spent half an hour procrastinating to make a nice picture for you all!... here you go :cool:

I've got one of these in the shed waiting to be done. Love the new panels you've made for the windows.
loramarsden

Post by loramarsden »

ohhh cool! thankyou very much, i'm glad you like them!

so many times i've seen new panels for various machines just done with big marker pens on coloured paper or photos stuck on! i'm fortunate in that im competent with photoshop as i can make a template that is the perfect size and make whatever designs i want!
also, i know alot a few websites that provide 'open sources images' (archives of images which are so old they are free of any copyrighting and so are free to use) so i could potentially do some great designs!
gosh, what an ideal job that would be !PUZZLED!
loramarsden

Post by loramarsden »

Badpenny wrote:Sorry Lora, this is totally OFF TOPIC and we appear to have kidnapped your thread, but that is such a good idea perhaps you could use it in your degree work.
hehe its ok. if anything i'm relieved! i thought the 'dont do that!' referred to the alterations to the panels in the machine. i was so embaressed :oops: i thought i'd done something terrible :woops:

but yes, a little 'off topic' but now i know its not against me i can just be confused about what the heck you're on about! :roll:
x