Token varieties

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coppinpr

Re: Token varieties

Post by coppinpr »

Just today I found a very unusual token hidden with about 50 others under the coin tray of a Buckley half top I'm stripping down. It appears this machine has been on tokens since it first arrived in the UK and there were several unusual tokens hidden inside, but one looks really rare. It's marked "Keeney" across the top and Keeney's super mints" across the bottom. If it's the Keeney slot co., I wonder what the "super mints" were all about !PUZZLED!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Just noticed by chance while clearing up a couple tokens that I would guess are US military of origin 5c in size. Interesting the names suggest they were for use by different classes of staff, NCO Open Mess and SAC Officers Open Mess ( I am guessing strategic air command) Of which most of the USAAF bases in the UK were SAC bases......so I guess this is their origin..... I have a funny feeling they came from a very original Mill Token Bell I have that operates on 5c tokens....
Attachments
CIMG1890.JPG
CIMG1892.JPG
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Last edited by treefrog on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

These French tokens (mostly Bussoz) are nice...
Attachments
french-tokens.jpg
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Harry Lachmund was a big operator on the east coast, one of just a handful in Aust I guess. I've found lots of his tokens in machines over the years. Charles Shelley was possibly the biggest i think as I've had his name on cards and decals on many machines along with thousands of his tokens.