Bingolett..... help please!

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coppinpr

Re: Bingolett..... help please!

Post by coppinpr »

My Bingolett, which started this thread, is not doing well. Despite being almost perfect as far as the case and glass, I simply can't get anywhere getting it to work. I've had lots of great help from the Forum, especially Slotalot, who put a lot of time into it online but it simply won't reset. As far as I can see, all the relays work, as well as the main motor, but it won't work in the correct order, leading to a reset. Several of the relays come on as soon as the machine is switched on (before a coin is added) and stay on all the time; the lights don't come on except for a couple that flash during the attempt to reset. The motor starts when a coin is added but stops as soon as the switch on cam 1 reaches its first notch.

I'm no expert and live right down South on the coast, so I don't know of anyone nearby who can fix for me, so looks like I'll have to give up on it. A great pity, I really like this machine. I even think I've managed to get a payout unit (from a different type of machine) that will fit but not much good if the rest won't work.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Coppinpr, I don't think you'd do too well dealing with a lot of my collection! :dammit: I've had machines that I've had to walk away from for years until I either came across the right info or learnt the right skills to solve the problems, some still to be conquered. The trick is to never give up. The problems are almost always small and quite simple, but the consequences of those problems can be major and very time consuming to find and then repair properly. Honestly one of the best things to do when you're really stumped is to walk away and forget about it for awhile. Then at some later time - sometimes 30 mins, sometimes 3 years!! An idea will pop into your head and you can look again with a fresh perspective. Helps to be a lateral thinker I guess. I've seen some wacky problems in my time so don't be afraid to come up with wacky theories. Good luck!!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Oh I never intended to give up! In fact my view is much the same as yours, I've put it on the back burner and started on the Rol-a-Top copy I've had sitting waiting for two months LOL. By the time I've finished that the Bingolett will definitely appeal again !!JUNK!!
raj

Post by raj »

I've had a few Bingolettes over the years, great machines when they are working, but a complete pain when not. I suspect the cam contacts are the source of your problem, either someone has tweaked them out of adjustment so that a normally open contact is now closed, or one has gone light and is not signalling an end of cycle event. Don't file them to 'clean' them as this destroys the contact metal and the subsequent burn in pattern. Either use contact cleaner or gently burnish with something non abrasive. Best of luck!!!
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

coppinpr wrote:The motor starts when a coin is added but stops as soon as the switch on cam 1 reaches its first notch.
It's supposed to. At that point the ball should drop. When you flip it and it falls back into its place, the cam motor runs again briefly and drops it. This happens twice, then when the ball ends up back in its holder the third time the cam motor runs all the way out to rest position, clicking the payout contacts - you can hear it, tick-tick-tick-..ten times.

On that first partial turn of the cams, contact 4 pulls in the "kugel sperre" (reset relay K). Cam contact 3 pulses three times, feeding pulses to each of the four stepping switches through the reset relay and each of their home contacts so they will step one, two, three (or none) steps to get them back home. It's normal for the lights to flash as this happens. If yours are not resetting, it probably means the home contact on one or more of the step switches is not opening. That will be the one that always does three steps when you put a coin in. The home contact is number 1 on each switch.
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Could you try getting in touch with Harold English who I consider the ultimate guru on German slots? I think he is Englishman on the forums and I'm sure he would fathom it out fairly quickly. My Rialto and Bergmann Hobby came from him. OK, a trip up north but you might be able to source some other machines from him at same time. He does have some amazing slots. Malc
speedwell

Post by speedwell »

I have a Rialto which is very similar. Please don't shoot me down in flames but do you have a coin blockage at any time? I found mine would not reset simply because of that... Malcymal is right, Harold is the man but not well at the moment and maybe not able to help right now....
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

speedwell wrote: Harold is the man but not well at the moment and maybe not be able to help right now ....
I hope Harold is feeling better :console: ,anyone know whats wrong with him?
Englishman11

Post by Englishman11 »

Hi Guys, Harold English here ( Englishman11)... Reason I have not been around, I have been diagnosed with the Big C so machines have taken a back seat - sold over 60 of my machines, complete, for parts, for restoration and some of my really fine stuff.. Most of my stuff now is German, some are bargains and some so rare that you probably have never seen them ... Always avaiable for a chat or visit me to break up the monotony - take care .... H [ 01663734481]
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Harold,
Sorry to hear this, really bad news, but I hope you under the circumstance are holding out and enjoying life as well as you can.......

I have yet to have buy a machine from you, but have bought many parts over the last few years, but would love to drop by over the next few months.....

Good luck and all our best wishes go with you through this difficult time and hope things change on a positive side.....
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

Harold, so sorry to hear that. I was diagnosed with the big C myself two years ago !OMFG! but after surgery I seem to have beaten it. !!THUMBSX2!! Hopefully you'll join the Survivors Club yourself soon.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi Harold, so so sorry to here this, I hope you manage to beat it, you are in my thoughts and prayers, Stuart.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Hi Harold ..........

Not a lot left to say that hasn't already been voiced. I hope you're fit enough to hit Coventry this year, it wouldn't be the same without you, but if we need to shift the venue to the High Peaks just say.

Jeremy
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Sorry to bring back an old post.
I just got a Bingolett and can't work out how the overflow coins are meant to get to the cashbox when the payout tube is full.
I have looked at all the pictures on this thread and they seem different.
Attachments
bingolett.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

If it's been converted from a small German coin to a larger English one then the original overflow deflector and its chute may well be too small to cope.

Will the coin you're playing it on pass the width of the down slide next to the top of the payout tube?
If not, then there's your problem.

BP

Edited as don is not a word, but down is.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Yes, the coin fits fine - it is on Denmark coins which I think is original. Just there is no way of the coins going down the overflow chute when the tube is filled. I think the wire thing is homemade and it diverts the coins down the chute but not into the coin tube so I bent it out the way for now.
Something is deffo missing or not right.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I thought that the wire is the spring which keeps the pin against which the coin sits tensioned.

So, as the bar above comes down and pushes the coin through the gate the coin has to push the tensioned pin to one side in order to pass to the tube. If the tube is full then the momentum gathered by the coin being pushed by the spring loaded bar will send it off to the side (as it has nowhere else to go) and down the overflow chute.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Doesn't seem to work anything like that, I will upload a video later
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

video of the coin mech.
you can either having it going down the tube or deflecting it to the overflow chute, but no way for it to do it automatically that i can tell ?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Wowsers! .... now I can see it working, I'd say ... it don't make sense. I didn't expect it to lift outwards, I thought sideways.

Fill the tube up to the top, remove the wire and the attached peg, then see what happens, I suspect all will be well in the kingdom of widget.

To support my optimism let me explain I am currently enjoying a small tankard of licorice flavoured Sambuca.