Bingolett..... help please!

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
operator bell

Re: Bingolett..... help please!

Post by operator bell »

Harold, so sorry to hear that. I was diagnosed with the big C myself two years ago !OMFG! but after surgery I seem to have beaten it. !!THUMBSX2!! Hopefully you'll join the Survivors Club yourself soon.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi Harold, so so sorry to here this, I hope you manage to beat it, you are in my thoughts and prayers, Stuart.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Hi Harold ..........

Not a lot left to say that hasn't already been voiced. I hope you're fit enough to hit Coventry this year, it wouldn't be the same without you, but if we need to shift the venue to the High Peaks just say.

Jeremy
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Sorry to bring back an old post.
I just got a Bingolett and can't work out how the overflow coins are meant to get to the cashbox when the payout tube is full.
I have looked at all the pictures on this thread and they seem different.
Attachments
bingolett.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

If it's been converted from a small German coin to a larger English one then the original overflow deflector and its chute may well be too small to cope.

Will the coin you're playing it on pass the width of the down slide next to the top of the payout tube?
If not, then there's your problem.

BP

Edited as don is not a word, but down is.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Yes, the coin fits fine - it is on Denmark coins which I think is original. Just there is no way of the coins going down the overflow chute when the tube is filled. I think the wire thing is homemade and it diverts the coins down the chute but not into the coin tube so I bent it out the way for now.
Something is deffo missing or not right.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I thought that the wire is the spring which keeps the pin against which the coin sits tensioned.

So, as the bar above comes down and pushes the coin through the gate the coin has to push the tensioned pin to one side in order to pass to the tube. If the tube is full then the momentum gathered by the coin being pushed by the spring loaded bar will send it off to the side (as it has nowhere else to go) and down the overflow chute.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Doesn't seem to work anything like that, I will upload a video later
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

video of the coin mech.
you can either having it going down the tube or deflecting it to the overflow chute, but no way for it to do it automatically that i can tell ?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Wowsers! .... now I can see it working, I'd say ... it don't make sense. I didn't expect it to lift outwards, I thought sideways.

Fill the tube up to the top, remove the wire and the attached peg, then see what happens, I suspect all will be well in the kingdom of widget.

To support my optimism let me explain I am currently enjoying a small tankard of licorice flavoured Sambuca.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Haha you enjoy it mate. :)
I have filled the tube to the top. The coins just fall out once full. If I lift the tube higher sometimes they go to the overflow but mostly they just stack up vertically and jam the mechanism up. :(
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Sounds like you're on the right track then.
I'd have a shufty at my Prazisa and Duomat as I think they have the same operation, but I've got a bit of a fuzzy head today. Think I must have had a stale packet of crisps last night.

Looking back at the video you posted I now review my opinion again.

I agree the tube needs to be at the top otherwise there is a big gap and the coins will fall out, but what happens at the other end, surely the gap is merely transferred to there?
I really can't see the purpose of that pin and wire arrangement, all it appears to be capable of doing with a bit of adjustment is to hold the coin above the tube until such time as the cycle moves it out allowing it to drop.
I can't see what controlling that does. If you were to bend the wire as far to the right of the hole it fits in, does the coin stay there or still fall to the right and down the overflow?

I sold my Bingolett a mere 18 years ago, there must be others here who have one and can check theirs? I'm just relying on common sense.
The words Clapham & Common Sense are rarely seen in the same sentence.

BP
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

When I lift the tube up it leaves a gap at the bottom but I can sort that if I got it working. That wire outfit has clearly been added to deflect the coins to the overflow as that's all it can do. The pin part is actually a magnet, so maybe some sort of slug deterrent?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

If I were you I'd stop trying to rehash what you've got and simply install a different tube with an overflow outlet half way down it.

Have a look at Mr. P's post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:15 pm near the beginning of this thread.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Yeah, I think that might be a better idea. :)
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

Checked my old penny Bingolette. It's slightly different from the one pictured above. There is no long wire dropping down - the eyelets are occupied by a short wire that is probably a weight check. (edit) or a tilt catcher.
1DBL.jpg

The penny pushes arm A, which operates the microswitch, and comes to rest against the plate C, which is pivoted on a screw and spring loaded to the left. The cam B pushes the coin down and forces plate C to the right so that the coin drops. If the tube is full, the coin stays vertical in the mechanism blocking the exit. The next coin in drops past the catch point when pushed by cam B but can't go further, as the previous coin is in the way. As the cam B rotates, it goes down the curve of the left side of the coin and pushes it to the right, into the overflow chute.

My guess is that the machine in question is adapted for a slightly smaller coin than the mech was designed for, so the dimensions and angles are wrong for the way it was originally designed to work.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Ah, it actually makes a lot of sense now it's been pointed out,
Thank you.
glittering-prize67

Post by glittering-prize67 »

I've had my my Bingolette since 1999. Got it from Pennymachines and restored it. I still have it and it's always been my favourite. I just love the game and the look of it. My other half's sister's kids have given this some hammer over the years but grown up now. It's never let me down and still looks superb and original inside.
thomas911

Post by thomas911 »

Hi all,
New to this group and also the Bingolett slots. Is there anyone that repairs them around London area does anyone know? Also should the first 6 contacts at the top of the machine move something, ie relays or something? The contacts that are each wired work the lights, payout, spinning main motor, etc. etc., but the first lot that are only connected by one wire and then linked over don’t seem to do anything when pushed. I don’t have a pic to hand but the relay to the left of the payout, the one on its own, seems to stick itself to the relay when switched on. Is that normal? !!COOEE!! ?

Many thanks
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

Does your Bingolette not have a circuit diagram inside? Here, I'll post one for you in German I'm afraid. The six contacts at the end work the payout solenoid, as you should be able to follow from the diagram. The relay that self-sticks is the anti-cheat relay, aka the tilt relay. There's very little to go wrong. I replaced all the rubbers on mine and reversed a showman mod that made its payout tighter and it works perfectly.
Attachments
bingolet.pdf
(287.59 KiB) Downloaded 299 times