Middlehurst Coronet

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
gameswat

Re: Middlehurst Coronet

Post by gameswat »

Been there a while so why not make the guy an offer? This is the only Coronet of any kind I've ever seen come up for sale in Aust before, and don't know of any in collections here except for Andy's. Not my bag though I quite like these reel strips.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

would it really cost that much to ship? why so much? I regularly import much larger shipments from China (280kg ,2.5 CBM) for £450 right to my door,I also have speedway rider friends who ship their bikes home to Aus in the winter for around $300 per bike, Im not doubting the cost just cant understand why :!?!:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Well, it seems there is yet another one out there!

Coronet.png

I have been contacted by someone whose identity I must keep secret, so I shall call him Nevil …… which of course isn't his real name, his real name is Andydotp (of this Parish)

I can safely say without fear of contraception that I shall have one some day, and when I do I'll downsize my collection to just a few bandits. !SMARTY!

For the sake of security I have promised not to give away its location let alone that it's in Melbourne.

BP
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

!!HAPPY!! It does look good in green!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

!!THUMBSX2!! Well done Andy. There had to be more out there, just judging by the serial numbers, same with all the other variants.... hopefully we will see more pictures soon
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

'My contact' who discovered the whereabouts of this latest one suggests/confirms its owner is a very private person and does not want his location or any details sharing. Fair enough, lets respect his wishes but by golly it was a surprise in the old Coronet story to now know at least five were made.
AP.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

That's a high survival rate for any Australian machine so I'd guess the production was actually rather large. Dick Beuschel had figured approx a 3 to 5% survival on most coin-ops. And I have to say that has always seemed right on from my experiences. And when you consider the illegality of gambling machines in Australia over the years that has helped keep the numbers even lower than other countries like Britain and the US.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Andy, where is the 5 one.....based on serial numbers as previously mentioned I reckon you're right on numbers, so I am sure there will be more hidden out there as with most machines.....
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

I don't know tf, but I know the person who told me and also of the owner of the now known No4 just displayed both know who it was sold on to.

An interesting fact I learnt today was that "several" were trialed in NSW clubs but the returns were poor due to the reel strip layout being far too liberal. I can attest to this as I've rarely come out losing when playing mine. Apparently new payout combinations were introduced and more than likely for the next generation/different models.

So, where's Ladwig's? Where did the Goldfarb/tf one come from and how to find the whereabouts of the number 5?
AP.
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

The discovery of this green one which was literally walking distance from my flat, plus the fact I'd actually spoken once donkey's years ago to the person in question who was extremely not/none-forthcoming still floors me.
I know two people here now in Upsidedownland who have had dealings with said person and both have his confidence.
I'd love to meet a fellow Coronet owner and compare/discuss our machines - though unless tf fancies a trip down under or the above-mentioned person grants me an audience I guess it'll never happen?

When I migrated here BTW I caught a smoking flight (passengers, not the plane) the day before the ban came in and I told all my family & friends I wouldn't, return to Britain until someone invented an outdoor smoking area on jumbo jets. Am still waiting - it could be a winner!

Oh, tf, please can you reconfirm yours' serial number please?
Ta,
A.P
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I remember smoking on planes at the back, something I actually never enjoyed even though a smoker then, it must be the pressure, but the experience was a little strange....perhaps wing walking would become popular again for smokers to get their fix.

Coronet, I think I did message you and the Morphy thread seems to have my machine, but was a mix, cabinet castings etc. series 444 and mechanism on side 1809, so may have started from different machines. I have no Aces on reels, just Coronet jackpot.

I reckon like many manufacturers they just carried on the numbering through their ranges like I think Jennings and Mills did. What they started on who knows, maybe 100 as I have 444, but it indicates there are many others somewhere or in slot heaven.
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

Thank tf,
There's a chap I'm chatting with here who just rang me. He's visiting soon to see the other Coronet owner and has offered to take me along.
Shall update in a few weeks.
Ta,
A.Pee [need one - 14th beer, hic].