Are we all too busy to contribute?

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Are we all too busy to contribute?

Post by badpenny »

Hello anglobritish ..........

At last someone who knows what they're talking about ! !WORSHIPFULL!

Welcome to Pennymachines.co.uk! Why has it taken you so long to find us? Have you finally decided to put us amateurs right after all this time?

Whatever the reason it's great to have you on board.
We need your knowledge, history and wisdom sir.

I'm sure that JC who is the Editor of Mechanical Memories Magazine will be rubbing his hands in anticipation of tapping you for stories to publish.

Badpenny
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

Welcome, I will be looking forward to hearing your stories.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

badpenny wrote: I'm sure that JC who is the Editor of Mechanical Memories Magazine will be rubbing his hands in anticipation of tapping you for stories to publish.
Badpenny
I see Jerry is selling some back issues of the mag on Ebay right now. If you don't subscribe to it yet, this will give you a chance to see what you are missing !THUMBS!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-amaus ... 3cc6c22b28
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

And as it is the ONLY regularly published mag in the UK dedicated to old machines, I can assure you that you are missing a lot, and the cost is well worth every British Penny /\UK/\

...........I'm sooo glad I don't have to say Euro '!'
funky

Post by funky »

Regarding the puppet machine I picked up in regards to a previous comment I made... I forgot to answer you... !!UHOH!! .... When I was in the old lad's store, I saw this puppet machine that was a little unusual, prob 1960s, but it reminded me of a Dalek from Doctor Who for some reason.... really retro looking... Anyway, I asked if I could buy that also and he said 'yea no probs, it's just getting in the way, meant to get rid of it years ago as it has been sitting there for over twenty years'...

Anyway, when we got to the point of picking it up and we tried to get it out of his arcade, it transpired that he built a partition at the back for a little tea room toilet facility and store room for himself to get away from the arcade... so we couldn't get it through the entrance as he had sealed it up after he placed the machine in storage!! !PUZZLED! ...... We just looked at each other and that's when he realised he had placed the machine there years ago before he did his renovation work.... :HaHa: ...... Anyway, he stuck to his word and didn't renege on the deal... and over the weekend he knocked down a bit of the wall (partitian) and took off two doors to get it out for me, and hey presto!! BINGO!!! !WORSHIPFULL! ..... Good lad he was, and a sound gentleman!! !!CHEERS!!
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

Yes, welcome anglobritish, post away with all alacrity and lots of pics. As BP says 'we love pics, we do'.
Did your collection migrate with you when you left for the States?
Stupidly I sold my Mills 1d Hightop for a hundred quid and my Payramid for twenty!!!!!! :dammit: on departing for Australia.
Cheers,
andydotp.