Churchill Columbia ??

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
toibs

Churchill Columbia ??

Post by toibs »

Hi guys,

Have been offered the attached - apparently it needs "minor" work - but unsure as what this is as of yet.

Anyone advise how much it might be worth, so i dont get fleeced?? :D obviously it's only worth what someone will pay for it, however i'm blind on the older stuff like this!!

Cheers
Paul
Attachments
machine.JPG
treefrog

Re: Churchill Columbia ??

Post by treefrog »

I am sure if you look at Copins posts and I am sure he will advise as he restored one recently, a Groetchen Columbia are sweet little machines. The jackpot on this may be false as the coins seem a bit neatly stacked. Values are difficult to estimate, but anywhere from 250-500 I guess, depending on condition, all parts like coin box, door etc being in place... one on ebay at the mo:

Item number: 200734525233
Attachments
groetchen.JPG
toibs

Post by toibs »

Thank You Mr Frog :D
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

A few months back I paid £400 for one that was totally complete, but had forgotten what to do.
I have another one that cost me £450 about ten years ago which is also complete and does the best it can. They were never even 80% reliable, however if you need assistance in understanding their foibles then just shout.

They can arise anywhere (right click open in new tab) so be alert
jra

Post by jra »

Hello all,
I have for some time wanted to add a Columbia to my collection but have been told to make sure to check it throughout because the machines are made of pot metal and are prone to breaks and cracks, also the round escalator can be very troublsome if not in working order.
So far I have not found one in my area to inspect personaly so I am still looking. There also seems to be a large number of differing models of this machine, Does anyone know how many there may be?and if so which one would be the best one to go for? Also if anyone has any other things to watch for when purchasing these machines I would be pleased to hear them.
Regards JRA.