Mills Golden Nugget on ebay

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
operator bell

Re: Mills Golden Nugget on ebay

Post by operator bell »

badpenny wrote:Were blue denim jeans a standard fitting as in Rockola's second photo?
Those are dress pants in Las Vegas. Casual is shorts, usually with black socks and sandals.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Well I collected the "nugget" tonight and I have to say I'm pleased with it. I wanted it for spares and it's well worth it for that alone. The mech is fine, working very well - just needs a clean, running on 6d, which is what I like. Nice dagger handle, great case, very good back door. All the nugget hardwear is good quality metal parts not plastic (if you like that sort of thing). The guy did buy the machine in the USA, so the case could well be a Golden Gate, but I'm not all that interested in the case anyway. The rear bonnet is a very strange thing, actually too small to fit and very very light. Was there a smaller machine this shape it might have fitted? Was only a few miles from my work, so no delivery costs, so I'm very happy at £240 and at least we had a good post about it !!THUMBSX2!!
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

Hi Coppinpr,
All good that you're pleased with your latest acquisition.

Regarding the back bonnet being light and a tad too small. This suggests to me that it is almost defintely a recast as aluminium does shrink slightly during the cooling peroid. Only marginally but enough to cause this problem.

I've experienced the same having tried three different High Top bonnets for an Aussie APEX High Top I once owned.
All were bwn 3mm & about 7mm too large.
:byee:
andydotp.