American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
slackjack

Re: Domino, Lucky Dice, Juge de Paix, Roll Out the Barrel etc.

Postby slackjack » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:47 pm

Greetings, I am new to this forum but not to coin op machines. I've been at this for decades. I am located in the USA. I have this Domino machine for many years and want to complete it or move it down the road. It is missing the coin entry as shown, if the pictures are there. I found only one picture of this type at rickcrandall.net with the coin entry on the side. The coin cup has the number 1069. The mechanism seems complete otherwise. Can you advise if parts are to be found or pictures and dimensions to fabricate the parts required? The machine is quite nice with original finish on the case. OR, knowledgeable folks tell me how bad is it? Thanks for your time and help.
DOMINO SLOT MACHINE rickcrandall.net.jpg
DSCF0001.JPG
DSCF0003.JPG

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:48 pm

Greetings Jack and sorry to say I doubt we can help with that.
I've only seen one example with the coin acceptor on the side and it's shown in this thread. I thought I'd seen a larger image of it in one of the slot books, but can't find it, so perhaps I was mistaken. You could opt to blank off the side and recreate a more conventional front slot, but don't know how you (or I) would feel about making permanent changes to an original machine.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:23 pm

Hi slackjack ........

Welcome to our forum, drag up a rusty Mills and have a seat, the biscuit tin is by your left ..... if you want to fill it up. :-(

Nice looking machine you're showing there. By enlarging your photo, turning it into a negative and dipping it in Soya Sauce I can't make out any evidence that it ever had a coin slot in any other place.

I used to have a Domino conversion that had been placed in a metal case (presumably for an outside placement or maybe Beirut) and that had a side slot.
So, recognising that I can be easily pleased and prepared to tolerate the imperfect (as any of my ex wives will confirm :o ) I personally would be more than happy to leave it as is.

BP

slackjack

Postby slackjack » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:39 pm

Thank you for the responses, though it isn't what I wanted to hear. Nothing new there. I did not photograph the inside of the case to show I seem to be missing coin slides inside the top to convey the coin to the mechanism below. I wonder who owns the machine shown with the side entry ? Perhaps it's Rich Crandell's machine. I will try contacting him. It's too early to put this out for the binman just yet. Thanks again for the bad news...........Jack

slackjack

Postby slackjack » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:04 pm

I hope someone with one of these machines will offer pictures of the inside upper coin tubes that route the coin to the mechanism below. I may have to convert this piece to front coin slot. There is a coin return on the side so I think the hole in the upper right corner of the door is for a coin return button push ? Thank you for any and all help/advice. Jack

lukas590

Postby lukas590 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:31 pm

Please place Wanted Adverts in the Market.
See Selling & Advertising at Pennymachines,co.uk. Thank you - Site Admin.

brigham

Postby brigham » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:31 am

lukas590 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:31 pm
See Selling & Advertising at Pennymachines,co.uk. Thank you - Site Admin.
Thanks for your invitation.
I'll bear that in mind next time I need to buy anything!

roger

Postby roger » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:05 pm

some time ago I mentioned I was looking for [ ] for a
[ ]......I am still looking and not getting any younger. Perhaps a French
dealer will come out of the woodwork with one for sale........in any case, somebody may
be able to tell us where these machines are hiding. ROGER

Please place adverts in the market place section in accordance with the site rules. Thank you - and good luck in your search!

lukas590

Postby lukas590 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:25 am

Lukas …….

See Selling & Advertising at Pennymachines,co.uk.
Again, thank you - Site Mod.