Brenco Machines

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
siggy101

Brenco Machines

Post by siggy101 »

Hi, has anyone any pictures or info on the Brenco ring vendor. I have one now and think the coin mech should have been on the front but mine is bodged onto the side. Any info would be great.
Brenco Man

Photos of old Brenco Machines wanted

Post by Brenco Man »

Hi my name is Bob and I used to work for Brenco Equipment from 1970-79 in Weston-super-Mare and I'm trying to get a file of some of the machines that I used to help make, I'm a carpenter & joiner and spent a few years making the cabinets before being promoted to the metal shop as charge hand & then foreman.
I have some photos of the factory taken in the mid 70s.
Please can anyone help with photos of Brenco Machines etc.
Please email me at (email address removed to protect from Spam - please log on and use email button below - Site Admin.)

Re: Photos of old Brenco Machines wanted

Post by Guest »

BrencoPhotoofmeDick.jpg

This photo was taken in about 1973 in the metal and machine shop - I'm the good looking one 2nd from left :D

Post by Guest »

I don't seem to be able to find out anything about Brenco - didn't they make very many machines?

Post by Guest »

Could that be George Michael 1st left??
grabber

Post by grabber »

No steel toe cap boots in those days.

Post by Guest »

Hi, I know the bloke on the right in the pic! I used to work with him on the pier! I've seen some pics of Brenco machines and some reappearing on ebay....
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Here are some images culled from other posts on the Forum. There's a bit more about the origins of the company here: BRENCO "Professor Rennerb Human Analyst".

Wheel of Fortune

Money Wheel

Rings vendor

Human Analyst

Wheel of Fortune
Attachments
Silver Chest etc.
Silver Chest etc.
Brenco Jackpot
Brenco Jackpot
Two Reeler (1970)
Two Reeler (1970)
Strike (1974)
Strike (1974)
strike-1.jpg (16.53 KiB) Viewed 5734 times
PSD

Post by PSD »

If you like Brenco machines, come and visit my new website!

http://brenco.moonfruit.com/
malc

Post by malc »

Great effort with the site - thanks for sharing it with us.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Terrific website - very attractive design, the best (and only) resource on these neglected games. I've put a link to your site in the Archive.
Was your interest in Brenco triggered by playing the machines or were you involved in a professional capacity?

I briefly owned a large-ish wall-mounted Brenco. All I remember is that it worked on the old penny (which would date it to the 60s); it had a white Formica rectangular cabinet and made the house lights flicker when it paid out.

Post by Guest »

Thanks PennyMachines for posting a link to my site and the kind comments.
My interest in Brenco machines was solely through playing them. They were some of the first machines that I can remember playing in the early 1970s in Blackpool and of course winning the 10 pence jackpot was the best thing ever!

I'm thinking the machine you used to own sounds like Penny Popper or Penny Triple Tap. It's hard to say for sure but these two machines certainly fit your description. I'll be posting pictures of these machines soon!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Triple Tap seems to ring a bell. In fact, maybe it did ring a bell when it paid out...
Attachments
trippletap.jpg
malcymal

Brenco Site

Post by malcymal »

Topic merged - site admin.

I've posted this before, but for any new guys coming on board who weren't aware of it, check out the only website dedicated to the dear old clunky chunky Brenco electo-mechanical slots of old. http://www.fruitmachinemuseum.co.uk/# Used to love playing on them machines. Not sure if there has been anything new added of late but in case anybody has any Brenco resources kicking around perhaps you could mail the site owner.
toibs

Re: Brenco Site

Post by toibs »

Oh wow!!! Of particular interest to be as I come from Bristol originally, however then spent 10 years living in Clevedon, so Weston Super Mare was my local week-night haunt. I remember the King Strike (would love one of those again!) and also the Skee Ball - Explains why most of the arcades around there had at least 4, with the pier having around 8 in a row!

Anyone know whereabouts in WSM they were based?
riche100

Brenco Lucky Stop

Post by riche100 »

Topic moved & merged - Site Admin.

Hi there, I can get my hands on a Brenco Lucky Stop in need of tlc. What's the going rate for a bog heap of a machine to a restored one please?
b_205837.jpg

Many thanks

rich
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Brenco Lucky Stop

Post by pennymachines »

Hi Rich,

Although it cost £230 in 1968, I suspect it might struggle to make that today, even in perfect condition. In poor, non-working order, I think it would be nearer £50. That's not to say it isn't a rare and interesting game. It's just that late '60s mains voltage bandits have yet to take off with vintage coin-op collectors. Negatives are size, weight, restoration and safety issues pertaining to old electrical systems, and relative modernity.

Maybe PSD's Brenco Museum will change that by engendering more interest in them.
First seen at the "Preview '69" in the ballroom of the Royal Lancaster Hotel, Bayswater Road, London on the 6th and 7th of November 1968. According to Coin Slot, "The new three reeler Lucky Stop is believed to be the first British electric upright to be specially built for the penny trade".
As decimalisation was creeping in, Brenco offered to convert any of their machines to decimal payouts for £10. Would have cost you £230 to buy new. Mains voltage.
Retro arcade collectors (of post-decimal machines) are a rather different breed, and I'm not au fait with values in this field.
You may find these sites more helpful:
Reel Fruits.co.uk (has a forum)
The Gamesroom Croydon
riche100

Post by riche100 »

Thank you for the reply and the link.
brencoman

Post by brencoman »

hi where abouts is it i would buy it ring me 07966121006
jingle