The Robin Hood in Sheringham

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
slotalot

Re: The Robin Hood in Sheringham

Post by slotalot »

jimmy55 wrote:I'm lucky enough to have The Robin Hood as my local
Hi Jimmy, bit late but welcome to the forum :cool: The Robin Hood is on my list of places to visit, and one day I will get there. Until then, can you ask the landlord and all the regulars if they would like to give us their support and sign our petition !!CHEERS!!
http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/36659
Regards, Stuart. :tarah:
jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

Will do Stuart, I signed it myself last week and posted details on the pinball info forum too.
The Robin Hood is good, but unfortunately you can't play the machines. For a hands on arcade in Norfolk go to Merrivale model village in Great Yarmouth. It's free to get in the arcade and £1 for 10 old pennies with a really good collection of machines. While in Yarmouth, don't miss out on the world famous 'Snails'.

My first holidays were spent in Yarmouth in the '60s and I just remember winning loads of tubes of Fruit Gums and Fruit Polos. There was one machine about the size of a small pinball with Traffic Lights that you had to stop on green and the tube of sweets rolled down from the back box .....I've never seen a picture of one since. (No wonder I have so many fillings).

slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi Jimmy, I have been to Merrivale Model Village in Great Yarmouth 2 or 3 times over the years. He has a good selection of machines to play, and a good cafe !!THUMBSX2!!
The machine with the traffic light will be the Tuck Shop; I have one in my collection. The grandkids love it because you can win sweets as a prize. :boing!:
Thanks for supporting the petition !WORSHIPFULL!
Attachments
P5110235aa.jpg
jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

Wow that's the one Slotalot... thanks for the re-union, I remember it well. I notice you need a re-fill!
I had a Rowntrees Fruitgum allwin about 10 years ago, but the packets are bigger now so I always had to eat a few to make them smaller to fit the machine.

more from Merrivale:

or still shots here http://www.flickr.com/photos/vt500/sets ... 610840028/