Adjusting Günter Wulff cycle speed

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
tazmantic

Re: Adjusting Günter Wulff cycle speed

Post by tazmantic »

Thanks BP, I'll give it a go the second I get a minute. !THUMBS!
basile

Post by basile »

Thank you, I didn't know

speed.jpg

glittering-prize67

Post by glittering-prize67 »

badpenny wrote:Without doubt gunge in the clock will slow it down.
Remove the plastic cover or merely slacken it off so you can access the cogs and spray a degreaser on the heaviest soiling. I've stopped using WD40 and found Alloy Wheel Cleaner and/or Brake Pad Cleaner is the business.
Be careful what chemicals you mix. WD 40 is not a lubricant anyway. I used to use paraffin to clean old KB Discomatic mechs, but after a week or so when the paraffin has totally evaporated the old grease set like concrete. Spraying or applying any degreaser like gunk is only a mask and the problem will return. Best way is to strip it and clean it all, then re-assemble using light clock oil where needed.
chris rideout

Post by chris rideout »

glittering-prize67 wrote:
badpenny wrote:Without doubt gunge in the clock will slow it down.
Remove the plastic cover or merely slacken it off so you can access the cogs and spray a degreaser on the heaviest soiling. I've stopped using WD40 and found Alloy Wheel Cleaner and/or Brake Pad Cleaner is the business.
Be careful what chemicals you mix. WD 40 is not a lubricant anyway. I used to use paraffin to clean old KB Discomatic mechs, but after a week or so when the paraffin has totally evaporated the old grease set like concrete. Spraying or applying any degreaser like gunk is only a mask and the problem will return. Best way is to strip it and clean it all, then re-assemble using light clock oil where needed.
Clock repair shops clean the parts in a wire cage that looks like a deep fat fryer. It is then dunked into a bath of alcohol and turns clockwise, then anti-clockwise like a tumble drier on a vertical axis. The heaviest lubricant I would use is 3 in 1 oil for a clock. Enjoy your timing!