Help with Hi-Top colour choice!

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
marktol

Help with Hi-Top colour choice!

Post by marktol »

Hi All,

I've got a new project machine and I'm a bit stuck with the colour choice. I'm hoping to re-use leftover paint that I've got. I've got quite a bit of red, loads of gold and a little bit of blue. So far, I'm thinking either:-

All red with the middle being gold.
Bottom red, sides gold middle blue.
All red with the middle being blue.
Red sides, gold middle and blue bottom.
Any other combination that someone could sugges that will look good?

(When I say middle, I just mean the square in the middle with the reel window and half award card - not the whole centre as the machine currently is).

I've done some looking around and can see various versions of similar colour schemes of all of the above. I just can't picture which will stand out the most!
photo 6.JPG

Last edited by marktol on Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
coppinpr

Re: Helo with colour choice...!

Post by coppinpr »

Forget the blue - never seems to work in my view. Black and gold looks good to me. :cool:
marktol

Re: Help with colour choice...!

Post by marktol »

Thanks Paul,

Yes, blue seems to be one of those colours that nobody really seems to like much on machines but I really like it. I really do have very little blue left anyway, so I probably won't be using it.

The black and gold looks good, although a little bit dull IMO, and I don't have any black paint. It's not the end of the world to get some but I was kind of hoping to use up some of the half empty cans I've got lying around, instead of getting more to contribute to the pile.