American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Wonders pictures

Postby pennymachines » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:54 pm

I've merged Flip or Drop with this thread because it evidently belongs here. Although this ebay example is incomplete, the vendor has apparently made an accurate hardwood copy of the original (worm eaten?) ply cabinet. I imagine it once had metal coin acceptors similar to the other E/M Wonders.

treefrog

Cannon Balls

Postby treefrog » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:20 pm

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Nice looking giant Wonders Cannon Balls allwin at the Denhams auction sale in Sussex today. It has been converted to 1P and looked all there, but with for some reason with a blue painted top. The only snag is yesterday, when I called to check the condition, it appeared someone when moving furniture had taken a big chunk out of the front. The auctioneers cannot find the missing piece of wood, which is a real shame, so could not be bothered to attempt to bid. I am sure there will be strong bidding all the same.

Picture below before the damage as this does not appear to be on the "Wonders List" (picture that is)
cannon-balls.jpg

pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Cannon Balls

Postby pennymachines » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:52 pm

I had a couple of bids but was also put off by the missing chunk of cabinet. Sad, after surviving so long in such good condition. I think it went for £440 plus premium.

spintop

Postby spintop » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:41 am

Hi, I took a look at this online, so interested to know where exactly the size/damage was on the machine?? A big chunk and can't find the wood, don't sound too good to me. Surely it could be restored.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:21 am

The damage was to the top right corner of the door frame. It was not known how this had occurred. Certainly it could be restored but, with the broken piece missing, it would require meticulous wood grain matching and then the whole door and possibly the cabinet too, would need refinishing. Nice game though; it appears to be similar to the Steeple Chase and Big Wheel.

treefrog

Re: The Wonders List

Postby treefrog » Thu May 02, 2013 6:39 pm

There is a new Wonders on on the list at the Elephant auction, Net-Ball......have not copied the picture as not sure whether Steve has an issue with copyright, but guess one can get one when there......Bit girlie though

http://www.elephanthouseauctions.com/de ... p?lot=3285

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:02 pm

Tree-Frog spotted this one (at the Elephant House) a while ago: Net-Ball
netball.jpg

jonesthegarage

Kum Fishing Allwin in Market

Postby jonesthegarage » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:18 pm

Topic merged - Site Admin

Just out of interest I would be prepared to wager half a crown that the gentlemen in the artwork are Bob Hope and Bing Crosby. Anyone confirm this?

........and because of the curse of word association I cannot resist asking in a Scottish accent - what's the difference between Bing Crosby and Walt Disney?

......Bing sings but Walt Disnae
kumfishing.jpg

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Kum Fishing Allwin in Market

Postby badpenny » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:38 pm

I think that you'll find that, as they are both dead, that should be
Bing sang but Walt couldn't .......... :o

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:25 pm

Louis Armstrong and Bing Crosby released Gone Fishin' in 1951. Kum Fishin' was produced over a decade later - 1962, so maybe I'm fishing in the wrong river.
KumFishinCU.jpg
armstrong-crosby.jpg