American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
13rebel

Re: The Wonders List

Postby 13rebel » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:42 pm

It looks like there is a reserve hole at the far left of the gallery in addition to the central one. Could it be that one reserve feeds two notes and the other reserve feeds the other two notes? !PUZZLED!

arrgee

Postby arrgee » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:21 pm

Saw this one recently, mentioned in Mr PM's original list, Bucket and Ball in late case. I presume the ball bounces into the win off the rubber stops.
wonders bucket & ball.jpg

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:32 am

Mostly it doesn't, but that's the idea. The bumpers aren't very bouncy. I've thought about replacing them with super ball rubber to see if that gives the punter half a chance.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:44 pm

Interesting solution.
Let us know how you get on with that Mr P.
Possibly they make Super Balls differently nowadays, but I believe in the 60s they were highly compressed while the rubber was still pliant. If they split they distorted.

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:27 pm

Pm, I've had the same issue with a number of machines that have balls bouncing around on them somewhere. And quite often with unique rubbers specially formed for the purpose and now made of Unobtanium. I've had great success by carefully wearing away the outer layer of hardened rubber that was exposed to UV and atmosphere, to expose the softer rubber core underneath. Sometimes that meant making jigs to bolt the rubbers onto so I could turn them at speed in a drill or lathe and carefully sandpaper down. Definitely worth trying if you covet originality, prob not your bag though? !!>*<!!

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:48 pm

Keep forgetting to add pictures when they come up, but this one on eBay is not linked to the "wonders list".

Odd that the graphics the only words have been chopped by the ball track !PUZZLED!
IMG_0318.JPG

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:38 pm

Thanks for posting that TF - if you hadn't, I would have. ;-)
I've been waiting years to see the Jack-In-A-Box - it was advertised as new in 1965 and may be the last Wonders I've not seen. That's not to say there aren't more I haven't heard of. Odd, as you say, they obscured the name with the ball track.

I didn't notice immediately - the 'jackpot' is behind a small window in Jack's box. Looking at the mechanism, this appears to be a pocket of coins behind the flash. A ball in the top cup releases the 12-coin (?) slide, but apparently no illusion of paying from the pot was attempted.
jackinabox2.jpg
jackinabox-mech.jpg

13rebel

Postby 13rebel » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:32 am

Wonders Ringla
Ringla 2 003.JPG

polaris

Postby polaris » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:12 pm

IMG_1932a.jpg
Well spotted mr PM - had a few head scratching moments looking at extra pieces of tin on mechanism above coin slide before I figured there was a window on reverse.

polaris

Postby polaris » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:08 pm

Got this home after long 800 mile round trip and is lovely addition to collection. Quite an ingenious double slide mechanism whereby two coin win depresses bottom trip, bog standard operation, and releases two coins. Jackpot trip depresses lifting bar which in turn locks slides together with a pin dropping into hole allowing jackpot to be paid. Think I got a new favourite.
IMG_1943a.jpg
IMG_1940a.jpg
IMG_1938a.jpg
IMG_1937a.jpg