Jubilee Cashcendo & Riviera projects

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
ottothemadandevil

Jubilee Cashcendo & Riviera projects

Post by ottothemadandevil »

Hi everyone,
My name is Dave and I'm from Stafford in the Midlands.
I've been into classic arcade games for a year now and have one working Jamma cab and am currently working on a Gyruss project.
After a few topics discussing vintage fruits on UKVAC I started thinking about getting a project going.....
We'll, as you can see, I have joined one day after the biggest vintage fruit machine auction in Europe. You may think I've missed my chance..... The plot thickens my friends!!!!!
88 miles to Blackburn, a few pound notes to a hero of a man called Phil and 88 miles back and I am the proud owner of 1 working Jubilee Riviera bar top and 1 non working CASHCENDO.
I know NOTHING about these machines, as this was a complete impulse buy that I decided on last night.
The second machine needs absolutely loads of work doing to it and is missing the top Marquee (is that the correct term on fruits?).
Any advice or information you could swing my way would be greatly appreciated!
As soon as I can get my camera working I'll throw up some pics.

All the best guys

Dave
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Hello from Stafford!

Post by badpenny »

Well done ottothemadandevil, glad you arrived safely.

The Ozzie three reelers are always a good start when entering the vintage world. Their mechanical bandits are bomb proof, the chroming unfortunately ain't.

After a nuclear war they say the only things left on earth will be cockroaches playing Jubilees & Aristocrats.

By the way December will be here in 5 days .......

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (47.11 KiB) Viewed 5241 times

BP :cool:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

badpenny wrote:After a nuclear war they say the only things left on earth will be cockroaches playing Jubilees & Aristocrats.
Now of course you must be referring to that crazy '70s film, "Damnation Alley"....Surprised this is not in the other section.... Except of course the machines all looked like Mills and Ballys.... Great film, watched it when it first came out as a kid, scared the hell out of me...

40 minutes in approx:

Welcome, by the way, "ottothemadandevil".
ottothemadandevil

DSCN0845%5B1%5D.JPG

Yes, I still have a sh*te tash.....

Is there a source of original tech documents for these bad boys?
DSCN0847.JPG

I literately know nothing about them....
Attachments
DSCN0846.JPG
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The mechanical side of it is basically the same as any Jubilee from any model and that in turn is the same sort of principle as all mechanical 3 reelers.
What we do really well here is give advice and suggest solutions ..... even when they're not wanted :lol:

BP
ottothemadandevil

Advice an opinions is always appreciated. Is there somewhere I can source a top Jubilee Riviera 'Marquee' or do they cost an arm an a leg?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

It's more a case of finding something , you could try Henry Powell.
Also use the search facility on this site for Jubilee you'll get a lot of stuff to read if nothing else.

BP
ottothemadandevil

And whats this good mans forum name?
On the plus side the mechanical side of the Cashcendo is sorted, I bought it as non working. Turns out there was a rough patch of corrosion on the coin slide, a bit of WB40 and some fine paper and its working fine!!!! All I need is to wire a new plug and its all down to the aesthetics.... all being that there shocking, I just need to find a local chrome shop and source the top marquee......
I am so bl@@dy happy lol.
My first 2 fruits on the same day!!!!!!!!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Search for Henry on the net and you will find his website. He may well have what you need, but it won't be cheap.

My advice is try and service the mech on the Cashendo; it will need it and you will learn a lot. First advice... remove ALL the old grease, clean ALL the parts, lightly oil the main moving parts and don't get any oil/grease anywhere near any part that deals with coins. Take loads of photos first or you will get confused. When you do get confused, ask us to sort it out... we like that. :lol:
ottothemadandevil

Cheers, I found Henry and have sent him an email.
Both mechs are working now which is great but yes, I completely agree. All the old grease needs to come off and the pars re oiled.
Its a bit of a daunting task to be honest!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

If you'd made it to the auction on Sunday gone you could have asked him yourself.

As for oiling your pars, what you get up to in your special alone time is up to you, but do enjoy.

BP
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Is that like "greasing your pecs".
ottothemadandevil

Lol!
Considering I work 12 hours a day on a computer I am absolutely crap at typing!!
Are modern 2p's weighted differently to old ones?
They still keep getting stuck on the coin slide.... It feels like they're stuck to a magnet.... Is that the case??

I've just shelled out 6 quid for a parts catalogue, so hopefully that will shed some light on the project....

Cheers for all the help...... Now........ I'm off to lube my cogz.......
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

All 2np and 1np coins issued after nineteen hundred and fast asleep have steel in them.
This affects the thickness and of course they stick if a magnet is fitted to the coin gate ..... most Jubilees do.

If you remove the mech and look at it from the back, at the top you'll see a cylindrical magnet on a pivot. It's usually held in place by a split pin or similar.

Just remove it and bury no less than 8 feet deep 3 rods and two chains above high tide mark at midnight, it will never trouble you again.

BP
ottothemadandevil

BP you're a hero - magnet is removed and awaiting execution.
Mechanically working, just needs a good clean.
Have you found my marquee yet? You've had 24 hours after all....

Cheers

Dave
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Sorry chap I haven't, I got distracted today by eating.
That and the fact that someone was asking a similar question a while back and I seem to remember we ended up either pointing him at Henry Powell or taking out a contract on him .... one or the other.

BP
ottothemadandevil

Hit men wouldn't work on me, I'm a vegetarian.
I've contacted Henry, but I'm not optimistic: the parts catalogue alone cost £6... I reckon it'll be one of those price lists that make you weep.
I've seen the sort of thing before when I rebuilt my Morris Minor - catalogues that have everything you'd ever need but it all costs an arm and a leg....... I need all my money for Tofu and bullets...

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Jubilee Cashcendo & Riviera projects

Post by badpenny »

Just in case some of our active members aren't reading this thread, you'd best place a wanted ad in The Market.
It's free, but you will need to register to use The Market, your Forum membership doesn't work on it.

Be precise in what you need, if possible find a library photo of your machine and post it with a circle around the exact bit you're looking for, but for Christ's sake keep quiet about the Tofu.

Click Here to register for The Market

BP
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Watching (and hearing) your second machine and looking at its sad state, I think you have the perfect machine here to learn from. Strip the front right down, clean and re-paint any damaged glass and replace the lights. You will learn so much about the way these things are built.
As to the mech, it sounds like a few free running (actually not free running) problems and perhaps a small timing issue, although that might be because it's gummed up. Don't take it totally apart - try this order of things:
Remove the coin tube, remove the reel bundle, remove the payout slides, remove the clock and clean it well, but only if you're sure you know how to replace it. If not, clean and lube it, and what is left, as it stands. Then clean and oil the reel bundle, but don't dismantle it, unless you're sure how to rebuild it. Clean all the slides (but do not oil or grease), check all the springs around the slides and on the vertical and horizontal fingers, replace the slides (in the correct order), replace the reel bundle and the coin tube and test... In the afternoon we can start on to lesson two :didact:

Check the forums Resources for procedures like removing the reel bundle - makes it easier.
ottothemadandevil

Jesus Christ, why don't I just set fire to the damn thing lol!!!!!!
Thanks for the advice, Im at work the next 4 days so will get started again on Sunday.
4 days of pretending to work but secretly researching Bandits lol