Early Mills/Firman identified

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
rebelmc

Re: Early Mills Machine ?

Post by rebelmc »

Hi, I might just do that.

Thanks again.
rebelmc

Post by rebelmc »

Hi, would any be able to offer some advice on what the machine would be worth in its current condition? Just didn't want to advertise it at an unrealistic price.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

If you have pix of the others, or a group style pix, then people could give relative values of the bandits and you may be surprised that ones you don't value as high as another, may surprise you. Either way...... you may be tempted by offers you receive directly, and you are free to accept any offer at anytime but it may be beneficial to gain a broader view, be that placing machine(s) in the Market here or at an auction house locally with online bidding, or alternate option.

GP
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

So it's a copy of a mills.
Not really. Don't go thinking it's poor because it's a copy. Lots of firms in the UK and the US bought up old Mills mechs and made new cases for them simply because it was cheaper than getting new machines, and these machines become, in effect, new machines. Bolland machines all (I think) have Mills mechs and early Buckley machines from the USA do too. Bolland even converted some of the mechs to suit their one reel machines. So not a copy at all, just recycled.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

rebelmc be careful.

I know you are only asking questions, but ........
You are getting close to inviting offers from members of this forum.
This presents two problems.
1) We don't tolerate selling on the forum only through The Market Click Here to register Registration is free as is posting adverts.

2) We have had issues where offers have been accepted that don't reflect the items potential.

The Admin team recommend that if you don't know what you want, then auction it, again it is free Click here to register for Auction

Your machine is worth the highest figure one person is prepared to pay, auctioning it will sort that out for you.

BP
rebelmc

Post by rebelmc »

Hi BP,
Thanks point taken. Will get some good pics at the weekend and get it on the auction.

Thanks Again
rebelmc

Post by rebelmc »

Hi, could anyone offer some advice on finding out the manufacturer date of an actual Mills machine using the serial number?
rebelmc

Re: Early Mills/Firman identified

Post by rebelmc »

Hi, Taking people advice I'm trying to list a machine on the auction site. But can't seem to get past the preview listing bit. When viewing the prview I have two boxes saying "back" or "sell It", both of which do not work. Have tried using internet explorer and firefox and both exactly the same.

Very frustrating...
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Item now listed in the Auction.
Rebelmc - Please note, I've changed your Market/Auction password so it now matches the one you use in the Forum.
rebelmc

Post by rebelmc »

Thanks.

Link to Auction Listing here :- https://pennymachines.co.uk/cgi-bin/Auc ... 1387126957
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Well done that man, hopefully you will get the Castle Front on as well as I have an original top hood and loads of back doors spare.

Do you have the missing bit of wood on the Firmans cabinet....also given how far away you are from some of us, may be worthwhile listing them at the same time if making the trip,

Good luck.
rebelmc

Post by rebelmc »

Hi treefrog,

Thanks.
Unfortunately I think I binned the two bits of wood that would have made the Firmans complete-ish!!

Roman Head, pm me and I will send some pics if you're interested? Still thinking ebay for it.