Sega Continental Mark 20

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
fantaz

Sega Continental Mark 20

Post by fantaz »

Hi,
I am looking for information about my Sega Continental. As you can see, it's signed "Mark 20".
Sega Continental Mark 20.jpg

It works fine, but I'd like to have more information about it.
Inside a ticket says "Inspected By 23 - Date may 23 1966"
Where was it made?
In which country was used?
Can I find user or technical manuals?
Fabio
slotalot

Re: Sega Continental Mark 20

Post by slotalot »

Hi Fantaz, welcome to the site, I am not into bandits :tut but I feel sure someone on here will come to your help... !!THUMBSX2!!
Have you tried typing Sega Continental into the search section at the top of the page :D [url]search.php[/url] you might find some info there.. :tarah:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Welcome,
This is the basic Continental and very common. There are many variants... made by Sega, I assume in Japan after they bought out the Mills Co. Your date sounds about right. There is lots of info on the Forum about these. Search and you will find. Yours was used in the UK for sure. The Mark 20 has no special payouts or features as the others did but is much the same machine inside. It is famous for one thing though.... it's the heaviest table top mechanical slot ever made. I once bought three of these from an upstairs flat and they nearly killed me. I do have a better high pitched singing voice since then though.

Just checked and there is a small manual in Resources. This post might show you some machines in the same range: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3022
jonesthegarage

Post by jonesthegarage »

The only thing of note to me was that is a Mark 20. All the others I have seen were Mark 10. Any difference?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Here's a couple of sites that won't tell you much more but reflect how little information there is out there ...............

http://mysticx.fc2web.com/iarchives/sip/old_sega.htm
http://segaretro.org/Early_Sega_slot_machines

Enjoy .... :D
fantaz

Post by fantaz »

coppinpr wrote:it's the heaviest table top mechanical slot ever made.
Correct, bringing this Slot to my basement was a very hard job.
Fantaz
chris rideout

Post by chris rideout »

Was the "Primadonna" similar to these machines? IIRC, when the Primadonna is lit, any winning symbol on the 1st reel pays maximum. You could set the machine to push out up to 9 consecutive wins. The only Primmadonna I saw was in the "Liberty Coin" slot machine dealer's front window and the year was 1966. I was only 13 or 14 years old at the time but I have a good memory. Has anyone actually seen one?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Was the "Primadonna" similar to these machines?
Never seen a "primerdonna" but the feature on the continental series (not the basic 10 and 20) was much the same, when the feature is lit a fixed number of future pulls will pay the bonus but only if a certain symbol is shown on the first reel
chris rideout

Post by chris rideout »

coppinpr wrote:
Was the "Primadonna" similar to these machines?
Never seen a "primerdonna" but the feature on the continental series (not the basic 10 and 20) was much the same...
Just to add to my previous post, the Liberty Coin was in St Mary Street, Southampton. It might not have been trading in gaming machines only because the place closed down rather suddenly after some dodgy characters were frequenting the place and Hampshire Constabulary became interested. Where the Primadonna machine went is anyone's guess. Where the shop staff went is also unknown. Well, it was nearly 50 years ago.