Something a Little Different !

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coppinpr

Something a Little Different !

Post by coppinpr »

Some time ago I found a guy on US Ebay restyling old gum ball vendors in interesting themes,mostly Gas station gum ball vendors, At first I had it in mind to buy one but he was asking,and always getting around $180 so what with the postage it was way too much.
So I thought Id have a go myself.
I soon found and bought three vendors on Ebay, two nice old "Beaver" machines made in Canada and a lesser "Nestle" machine all for around £30 each. I also found a really nice guy in the States who makes his own top quality Decals, he has 1000's to pick from, all top quality, hes also a nice guy, reduced the postage to a couple of dollars and even added in a couple of free ones. I bought enough to do all three machines and it cost me about £10 inc postage.

I decided to start with the lesser Nestle machine rather than screw up one of the nice Beaver machines and chose the iconic "Sinclair Oil" logos with a side order of "Indian Motorcycles"
There were more parts than I expected which was good as it made spraying the individual parts easier. Anyway it was finished in a couple of days and I like it,in fact I like it a lot!
Now for a "Coke" and a "Texaco" version on the better vendors.

gv1 start.jpg

gv1 all parts.jpg

decals.jpg

GV1 finished.jpg

malcymal

Re: Something a Little Different !

Post by malcymal »

Nice work. Out of curiosity, I have seen many Beavers for sale working on 20p. How does it handle the rejection of slugs, or wrong denomination coins. After all the 1p coin is pretty similar to the 20p in dimensions hence why I can use them on my aristo, but how does the Beaver deal with this, curious. Malc