Rotomat Dualo

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coppinpr

Re: Rotomat Dualo

Post by coppinpr »

Taking out the magnet is usually easy, either they are retained in place with a plate or screw or heat shrunk into place and a light tap with a small hammer usually pops them out. We get a lot of problems with them on 1p machines as the later 1p's have so much iron in them compared to those made just after we switched to the new 1p.
puckhead

Post by puckhead »

That's interesting. The magnet looks to be set in to the casting. At this point, I'm not going to mess with it any more. I'm happy it works well, and when the coin tube is full it will divert to the cash box.
Thanks.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

if you do want to remove the magnet and it is set in the casting you can drill it out quite easily
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

My Father was an aircraft electrician and wireless operator during World War Twice.
Magnetic objects on board were a nightmare in those days.
The professionals solution to demagnetise something was .....
"Heat it up to cherry red then hit it fiercely with a hammer." Seems it rearranges the molecular structure or summat :!?!:

So in the 50s when an old boy muttered something about his pocket watch running constantly slow and attracting drawing pins, guess what my sarcastic Father advised him? !PUZZLED!
Now guess how it all ended :-(