American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
special when lit

Re: Roto-Pool, Roto-Fruit, Rotolite, Electrodart, Bingola, etc.

Postby special when lit » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:57 pm

This just popped up on one of the Facebook groups.
Wonder who copied who?
131642177_10217084162087723_5018686554984134417_n.jpg
electrodart-glass.jpg

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:39 pm

Very interesting........given darts is more popular in U.K., I would assume clipped from Jamieson’s

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:11 am

Jamieson's were surprisingly big on selling abroad and exhibited at several trade shows in the USA including Atlanta (just down the road from South Carolina ) they also made regular sales trips to New Jersey so their machines were quite well known in the US, perhaps they simply sold the design under licence?

At first glance, the glass looks different from the Jamieson but in fact, it's exactly the same, just squeezed and stretched in places and with different text.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:00 pm

Unlike Jamieson's wall-mounted Electrodart, the Star Amusement Company of Columbia's Hi Lo is a trade stimulator. As such, it has no automatic payout and appears to be a counter-top game, similar to other products the company made.
Stars.jpg

Potless

Postby Potless » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:29 am

I have a Roto-Pool in for repair (the 2D-4D-6D payout version), and have got it working again by re-soldering some bad joints, cleaning all the contacts and switches, replacing bulbs and cleaning the sockets, etc. It now works well, with one exception - the payouts are rather strange.

I get payouts for some weird display combinations, e.g, 1-2-1 pays 2p, 2-1-1 pays 2p, 1-1-2 pays 2p for example. I suspect that the display lamps are showing one or two lights ahead (or is it behind?) the correct sequence.

The thing that makes it strange is the fact that some payouts are perfectly fine, e.g. 1-2-X, X-1-2, or X-X-X at the top of the display.

Could this mean that the display uniselector needs adjusting, and if so, which adjustment is needed?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:04 pm

These machines are fixed pay out, not random. When you put a coin into the machine the left hand uni steps forwards 1 place. At this point the machine knows if it is going to be a win or a lose game. When you press the start button, the right hand uni rotates; when you take your finger off the button the right hand uni runs on slightly looking for the next pre programmed stop contact, be it win or lose. This happens so fast you don't see the over run happening. I think the right hand uni is missing some of the stop contacts and running past the pre programmed stop point. I would be looking again at the condition of the right hand uni wipers and pads. :!?!:

Potless

Postby Potless » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:12 pm

Ah - interesting point, I will check it out - thanks.