American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
slotalot

HELP! wanted with Roto-Pool

Postby slotalot » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:12 pm

Hi, :D I am looking for a little help in getting my newly acquired Roto-Pool wall machine working. I know from past experience it is near impossible to get a wiring diagram for this machine (unless of course you know different), so what I would like to do if possible is to borrow a complete Roto-Pool machine and copy the layout and maybe do a wiring diagram. The machine that I have has had all its internal working parts robbed out :oops: , I think this must have been done when someone fitted a new back to the cabinet prior to me acquiring it. The workings on the back of the door are all original and look OK, so you see my problem and can anybody help??? :!?!: and yes your machine will be returned as soon as I have finished with it :thumbs: Regards, Stuart.
PS. my location is Halifax West Yorkshire, just thought I should mention it.
roto2.jpg
Roto-Pool "robbed out"
roto1.jpg
Roto-Pool
roto1.jpg (30.74 KiB) Viewed 2813 times

slotalot

Re: HELP! wanted with Roto-Pool

Postby slotalot » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:25 pm

Roto-Pool Update...
Hi :D , I thought it was time for an update on the rewiring my Roto-Pool machine, I had hoped to be giving a big thank you to some fellow slottie for giving me some help with this project, but it would appear that information I need is not out there as I have had no offers of help to date :oops: so over the past few weeks I have been working out for myself how best to tackle the job, and thanks to having 12 inches of snow outside my front door I spent 2 days sat by the fire with a note book working out a possible circuit for the machine, it may not be "as original" when finished but it will work once again, and to be fair it stopped being original when someone ripped the working out of it many years ago. So far I have rewired the number selection relay and fitted it to the lamps on the back of the door, this part of the machine is now work a treat and I am now putting together the payout circuit, I know this part of the circuit will not be anything like the original but it will be in keeping with the age and style of the machine, I will post more photos as I go. :tarah:
Rotopool2ab.jpg

operator bell

Postby operator bell » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:33 am

Well done so far, and good luck. I haven't offered any assistance because I believe if a person has nothing to say, the least he can do is to shut up. I will observe, though, that there are 22 lights in the ring, and 25 steps on the uniselector, so I'm curious how you'll account for the extra three steps. Every time I look at one of these roto*** I wonder about that and how they wired it. I also noticed (in the "see it work" section) that as every game starts, the second uniselector makes one step, and I wonder if that does something like change the selector bank on the first one.

operator bell

Postby operator bell » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:42 am

Continuing, now I've started, I see that if it was a straight game, in every 22 plays, there are three ways to hit 111 for 3, 2 ways to hit 12X for 6 and 3 ways to hit XXX for 12. That means for 22 coins in, it pays out 9+12+36=57 coins. It's therefore definitely not as simple as it looks! My guess is the second selector prevents the first selector from stopping on some winners some of the time.

fourfive

Postby fourfive » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:59 pm

Hi, I've just seen your post - if you still want to borrow a Roto-Pool, I have one in working order for you.

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:10 am

Hi fourfive :D That's good news... thank you, I will PM you tonight. Regards Stuart. :tarah:

operator bell

Postby operator bell » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:29 am

slotalot and fourfive, if you can come up with a wiring diagram between you, that will be a great benefit to the community. There have been several other inquiries from owners of broken roto-things that we haven't been able to answer. I'm keenly interested myself, and I don't own one.

rbrewerton

Postby rbrewerton » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:48 am

Hi Slotalot,
I've just caught up with this thread after having computer problems this last week. I bought a Rotolite at Coventry in November and am just about getting it finished having had to work out a new circuit diagram. I'm also in the middle of writing an article about "my latest restoration" which will go to Jerry soon. I guess my machine is basically the same as yours. A uniselector steps round flashing the lights and if a matching pair are obtained then it pays out 2d, 4d or 6d. The circuit originally had five relays but didn't work and I couldn't fathom out how it ever did. So I had to design a new circuit but needed eight relays (got some off ebay) and now it works fine. I'm just doing the final restoration work to the case and then it should be finished. If you would like any more info about what I've done I'll be pleased to tell you more.
Richard.

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:35 pm

Hi Richard, thanks for the offer :D any info would be useful. Did you do the customary "fag packet" sketch of your wiring?.. I hope that the more info I can get will help the little grey cells to drop in to place. I have tried to work the circuit out on paper but as you know it's not an easy task. If you have any drawings/sketches, I can always send you my email address so you can send me a copy... Regards Stuart. :tarah:

rbrewerton

Postby rbrewerton » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Hi Stuart, be pleased to send you what I can. I'll try and convert my scribblings this evening into an understandable circuit together with some explanatory notes and get them off to you tomorrow with a bit of luck. Richard