American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
junior

Re: Roto-Pool, Roto-Fruit, Rotolite, Electrodart, Bingola, e

Postby junior » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:30 pm

On the bimetallic strip how do I know if the heater wire is ok?

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:38 pm

junior wrote:On the bimetallic strip how do I know if the heater wire is ok?
If you remember we did an ohms test and you reported back saying it was reading 50 ohms across terminals "A" & "C" with one of the bell wires disconnected, which would indicate that the heater wire is ok ??

Basically what happens on a win position is:-
Power (win signal) comes out of the right hand uniselectors and tries to find the easiest route (resistance wise)to the neutral line, now if the contact on the bi metallic strip is closed, then the power will flow through this contact and through the bell in series with the heater wire, at this point the heater wire will start to get hot making the bi metallic strip bend opening the contact on the bi metallic strip and breaking the circuit, the power will then take the next best route to neutral, this will be through the r/h/ contact on the pay out unit and the coil on relay 3, now because the coil on relay 3 is using up most of the power the bell will stop ringing, though it will be still making up part of the circuit, at the same time the normally open contacts on relay 3 will close, the pay out solenoid will pull in and deliver a coin, and at the same time the r/h uniselectors will step forward one position, if more than one coin is to be paid out the above sequence will happen again & again until the r/h uniselectors stops sending out a win signal. everything will then reset waiting for the next win signal.. :D

junior

Postby junior » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:57 am

The wiring is going tfrom payout slide to relay 3 as grey then to middle of relay 3 as grey and from front of relay 3 as white back to left hand contact on payout slide and there are 2 reds going to another contact
image.jpg

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:22 pm

junior wrote:The wiring is going tfrom payout slide to relay 3 as grey then to middle of relay 3 as grey and from front of relay 3 as white back to left hand contact on payout slide and there are 2 reds going to another contact
Yep, That part is correct !!YIPPEE!!

So from what you have said so far the wiring on the pay out section would seem to be OK as per the drawing I did for you, all be it some of the wires have different colours to what I would have expected them to be, but things like that did happen back in the 50s as there were no real standards to work to then.

So... the only thing that is stopping the bell from ringing and causing a small delay on the pay out is :-
The contact on the bi metallic strip NOT being normally closed and making a good contact dirtdog
Double check the contact on the bi metallic strip and make sure it is clean and the 2 contact points are touching together, use the small adjusting screw to LIGHTLY push the top contact down so it touches the contact on the bi metallic strip, but don't over tighten it..
dart pay out.jpeg

junior

Postby junior » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:52 pm

I have just put pennies through and won ,nothing happens so I pushed down top of relay 3 and it paid out .

junior

Postby junior » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:20 pm

Sprayed contact cleaner on contacts.put about 30 coins through won 4 times but arrow is not stopping on win at all but beside on miss.I live I an upstairs flat it could be interesting to see if it flies.HELP

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:26 pm

junior wrote:I have just put pennies through and won ,nothing happens so I pushed down top of relay 3 and it paid out .
OK, if it didn't pay out in the circumstances you describe above then the r/h switch on the pay out slide was not closed at the time of that pay out.
I think we are starting to chase ghosts now :!:
All I can do is come back to the point that the R/H and L/H switches on the pay out slide, and the contact on the BI-METALIC strip must be clean and in a closed state at rest to make R3 operate and pay out the coins.
( by at rest I mean when you put a penny into the machine)
If any of these 3 contacts are not closed at rest then the pay out circuit will not work correctly.
Can I ask how far from Halifax you live?? could you get the machine to me??

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:31 pm

junior wrote:Sprayed contact cleaner on contacts.put about 30 coins through won 4 times but arrow is not stopping on win at all but beside on miss.I live I an upstairs flat it could be interesting to see if it flies.HELP
Everything happens so fast that you don't see the arrow stopping on the win position before it steps on to the next position along as it pays out a coin, this is why we have the delay circuit fitted, and it is the delay circuit that is not working, everything else would seem to be working OK. :cool:

slotsoffun

Roto Pool Mechanism Hit and Miss!!!

Postby slotsoffun » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:15 pm

Topic moved & merged - Site Admin.

Just picked up what looks like the contents of a RotoPool machine, it's only the mechanism and no cabinet. I've screwed everything temporarily to a chipboard so I could test it. Powered on, tripped the coin switch and the right hand selector just kept spinning and clicking. Turned power off. When I try again, it does not work too good... Powered on, tripped switch, press the button to play, solenoids click, and every now and then the right selector does a few clicks then stops.. Im guessing the selectors are not making good contact. If I hold the button in too long and the selector does not spin then some smoke comes from one of the cut out overloads.

Any ideas? and is it possible to take apart those UniSelectors??
thanks

slotsoffun

Re: Roto Pool Mechanism Hit and Miss!!!

Postby slotsoffun » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:01 pm

OK so far so good. I've got the whole thing working. However, just a couple of questions if anyone has the answers, When it pays out the bell does not ring? I downloaded the RotoPool manual from here, but still cannot work out why. It works if I apply power directly!

Also, can the wipers on the uniselector be adjusted, as sometimes it lights up 4 bulbs in a row instead of 3, so I'm guessing the wiper contact is touching more than one tab??? Or is there another reason.

Thanks
(the manual was great help, thanks to whoever wrote this!)