American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
larry_d

Re: Roto-Pool, Roto-Fruit, Rotolite, Electrodart, Bingola, etc.

Postby larry_d » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:59 pm

Thanks, that's quite an interesting snippet on my 3 Bells. I haven't touched it yet as I'm as always on with another machine at the moment, but in any case I can't source a transformer for it yet. !THUMBS! Has anyone got a transformer by any chance? :dammit:

oneswitch500

Postby oneswitch500 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:32 am

A pinball expert I met last week suggested the company Brownings Electrics in Barking as a place that might be able to wire-wind custom items. I'm hoping a possible place that might be able to help with the bi-metallic switches:

http://www.browningselectric.co.uk/contact-us/

If I have any joy, I'll post it here.

brigham

Postby brigham » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:59 pm

If you can't get the original thermal-type delay, you could use a Time Delay Relay from here:

Ebay seller " 365bestseller ".

Search for 'Time Delay Relay'. They are made in Japan, and the timing is variable. They come in numerous coil voltages and delay ranges. I've used loads of them.
Same seller has a good selection of other relays and suchlike.
(including 'ooh-err missus!' lingerie!)

jamiesonautomatics

Postby jamiesonautomatics » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:32 pm

I’ve read most of the posts on these machines and it brought back many memories. These machines were produced by my Grandfathers company - Jamieson Automatics and i spent many of my childhood days “playing” in the workshops and trying out my “fixing” skills !!!
I would love to get one of these machines to keep in Jamieson family to pass onto my children - anyone point me in the right direction

Cheers Thomas

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:00 am

Hello Thomas and welcome. Good to have family ties to a manufacturer on this site and would be wonderful to get information on the company. I know one of our collector colleagues who had done research in the past had linked up with a Ian Jamieson’s who shared information and pictures for his site, now run by Badpenny and Coppin http://www.penny-arcade.info/the-jamissons-collection

A period of machine I love and many others, although electricity and me don’t mix :zapa: I should think many collectors here have or had at least one Jamieson’s machine in their collection, I have around 8 mainly the wall cabinet types like Rotopool. Problem is most don’t work or partially work.....although I did get an Easy Push as mentioned recently which is now proudly being shown..

Do you know what type of machine you are after

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:54 am

Welcome Thomas. As Treefrog says, it's always great to hear from someone with direct memories and connections to the industry. I spoke to Ian many years ago and he provided useful information about Arthur's company when I was compiling a survey of Portable Penny Pushers. Jamieson machines turn up quite frequently in the auctions and I remember a time when they were very cheap to acquire. Prices have crept up over the last decade with a Rotolite making a record £780 in 2016. If you keep your eye on the auctions, and are prepared to bide your time, it should be possible to find them for a lot less.

jamiesonautomatics

Postby jamiesonautomatics » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:10 pm

Hi
Thanks for the replies - dont know much about the early Jamiesons days but as i said before i did spend alot of my time messing about in the Bridlington old town workshops trying out my fixing skills !!
I’m idealy looking for one of the wall type machines - not sure which - have to see what turns up - i’ll keep checking out the auction sites - unless anyone has any other suggestions ??

Cheers Thomas

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:21 am

What style of lingerie? :cool: