American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: One Man's Rubbish, another Man's Treasure

Postby badpenny » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:08 pm

He was probably in a hurry to get home and smash up all those chrome plated bandits and jukeboxes that his wife was nagging were stopping her from getting near her compost heap ........................ you know what they're like? :P

malcymal

Postby malcymal » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:53 pm

Badpenny wrote:I don't believe any of this, whoever heard of a Yorkshire man throwing anything away? :eek:
My dad was a Yorkshireman - he said that copper wire was invented by two Yorkshireman fighting over a Penny. Is this true??

arrgee

Postby arrgee » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:39 pm

Not true at all, it was a Farthing !

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:35 pm

Thanks for that lads :D , One thing I do know is... I can make my money stretch further than my wife can ;-)

malcymal

Postby malcymal » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:18 pm

Me being dim and not up on GPO selectors etc. - if I see any, shall I bag them then if you want them? What is their purpose? Wall mount German electronic stuff like Electrodart etc?? U never know, I might come across some. I shall print that photo off and keep it in my wallet for the boot sales.

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:51 pm

Hi malcymal, :D A lot of 1950s-60s British machines were made up from ex-GPO relays and uniselectors, machines like Electrodart :arrow: Bingola :arrow: Find The Lady..& lots more... at that time they were plentiful as the telephone exchanges were being upgraded and the old equipment was being sold for scrap... this is why you can get two identical machines and the workings may not be the same in each as the supply of parts was not a steady one.... the attached photo shows the insides of a typical machine.. They are also a sod to work on as you only have to have one dirty contact and you could be all day trying to sort it out :dammit: it's lucky that I love a challenge and have lots of time to work on them... if you get some I would keep them for the day you find a sick machine in need of some tlc. :tarah:
50b2_1a.jpg
50b2_1a.jpg (19.95 KiB) Viewed 1524 times

operator bell

Electrodart and Rotofruit revisited

Postby operator bell » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:42 am

Seeing the video of the Electrodart posted by rippyspennyarcade reminded me that there were a number of people looking for information about these games, going back a couple of years now. Mainly what was needed was a circuit diagram. I don't own one of these machines myself, otherwise I'd trace it out and post it just to satisfy my own curiosity, because there's some subtlety going on inside. For example, I'm curious to know how it maps a 25 position uniselector to 20 stop positions (22 in the case of the Rotofruit) with no apparent jumps or discontinuities. I want to know what function the left uniselector performs - it advances one step at the beginning of each game. Does it select alternative sets of stops?

Can anyone help with more information?

Slotalot's Roto Pool Wiring Diagram now in Resources - Site Admin.

malcymal

Re: Electrodart and Rotofruit revisited

Postby malcymal » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:45 am

I too am getting more fascinated by these vintage electric machines. Since I bought my Günter Wulff Rialto and opening the back door I was just absolutely amazed by the circuitry in the back; so so clever. I like the small footprint of these machines and I too would be interested in buying an Electrodart/Rotofruit. Malc

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:25 pm

Seen what I think is that same machine, but with a Football pools theme, the Roto Pool at Mullocks Auctions on the 3rd December.

ROTOPOOL

1940s Amusement Arcade 1d football game: Roto-Pool electric 1 old penny slot machine - glass hinged front panel decorated with football figures to each corner of the pitch - c/w oak wooden casing key and money draw - in working order and comes with a quantity of old 1p pieces. Overall 29.5 x 21.5 x 6.5
Apologies I know this should be under the auction section.
rotopool.jpg

stoxman22

Postby stoxman22 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:47 pm

I am on the lookout for a transformer for a Rotolite, I guess they were the same in all of these machines. I have a nice machine with a melted Tx. I know I could rewind it myself but I don't have the patience. Anyone know of a rewinder for small Tx's?