Why our hobby should carry a health warning!!

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coppinpr

Why our hobby should carry a health warning!!

Post by coppinpr »

Can anyone tell me why I bought this machine!! :!?!: I can only justify it by saying it was very cheap and I wanted to know what makes it tick, other than that it's appalling and I don't want it...at all !OMFG!
It has more whistles and bells (literally) than enough, more circuit boards than a space shuttle. It's a foul colour, has flashing headlights, play is incomprehensible and I have no coins for it!! Made in Japan by Tommy inc. it has an odd theme when you consider that about 40% of Popeye cartoons were pure anti-Japanese propaganda. This is what our hobby will do to you, you lose all sense of reality. Every time I go into my machine room this thing stares back at me. I've only had it a week and I'm thinking council dump. :#:
Somebody chastise me, then I might not do it again!!!!
popeye2.JPG

popeye.jpg

slotalot

Re: why our hobby should carry a health warning!!

Post by slotalot »

WAX ON..............WAX OFF.................
You must focus your mind to lead you on the right path..
Attachments
mind.png
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

When you said you'd bought it, just before going to Russia, I thought the two actions were connected.
jonesthegarage

Post by jonesthegarage »

You might think it's a mistake now but I'm sure "you'll win in the finish if you eat your spinach...."
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

At least you will know for the rest of your life what you don't want! :D
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Jonesthegarage wrote:You might think it's a mistake now but I'm sure "you'll win in the finish if you eat your spinach...."
Or, like Greece, I might end up with just Olive Oil. :(
glittering-prize67

Re: Why our hobby should carry a health warning!!

Post by glittering-prize67 »

I had one of these many years ago. Bit boring, as the machine tends to do everything - all you do is feed it with coins..But I have seen these go for £300 recently on ebay - hell knows why. They don't have cabinets in Japan, just the main door, which they can fit and remove it in seconds, so when they come over here they are put in an MDF cabinet or similar to make a counter top.
humperdingle

Post by humperdingle »

I had a Pachislo machine for a while... Horrendously loud and obnoxious when it hit the jackpot.

Tokens are same size as modern 10p pieces but the machines are fussy - some are accepted, some aren't.
jonesthegarage

Post by jonesthegarage »

humperdingle wrote:Tokens are same size as modern 10p pieces but the machines are fussy - some are accepted, some aren't.
that could be due to the dates of the coins you are using - anything post 2012 might get rejected due to change in composition - I had a Jubilee Riviera recently that was sold as not working, the only problem was the later magnetized coins getting stuck
humperdingle

Post by humperdingle »

Jonesthegarage wrote:
humperdingle wrote:Tokens are same size as modern 10p pieces but the machines are fussy - some are accepted, some aren't.
that could be due to the dates of the coins you are using - anything post 2012 might get rejected due to change in composition - I had a Jubilee Riviera recently that was sold as not working, the only problem was the later magnetized coins getting stuck
Hmm possibly. However, I sold the machine circa 2009 so unlikely lol

If you look at a bunch of 10p coins, though, especially the edges, some are thin, some are thicker.

The vast majority went through OK... Probably 95% at a guess.
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

electronic coin validator, so the density of the token is measured to accept or reject.

Some late electromechanical machines had coin comparison validators fitted ,whereby a coin of the same type you wanted the mech to accept was fitted into the mech and it only accepted coins that matched, in reality not very reliable.