Mills Golden Falls

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coppinpr

Mills Golden Falls

Post by coppinpr »

While cleaning out the workshop about a month ago it occurred to me that I had pretty much all the parts to make up a Golden Falls. They were all different colours,badly chipped or simply very dirty but I thought Id give it a go. Almost finished now, just the jackpot and reel window glass to be fitted when its cut tomorrow and its about done. Right at the end I realised that the lower casing had a little damage on the inside so had improvise just a little but it dosnt look half bad.
Fumy how sometimes the paint goes on just right,you find the correct rear hood in a corner and an original lock you bought years ago and other times the paint is always lumpy or runny and the back door just wont fit.

finished.jpg

finished back.jpg

painted castings.jpg

humperdingle

Re: Mills Golden Falls

Post by humperdingle »

Looks great - wish I had those sorts of bits lying around :D

What paint do you use?
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

coppinpr wrote:While cleaning out the workshop about a month ago it occurred to me that I had pretty much all the parts to make up a Golden Falls. They were all different colours,badly chipped or simply very dirty but I thought Id give it a go. Almost finished now, just the jackpot and reel window glass to be fitted when its cut tomorrow and its about done. Right at the end I realised that the lower casing had a little damage on the inside so had improvise just a little but it dosnt look half bad.
Fumy how sometimes the paint goes on just right,you find the correct rear hood in a corner and an original lock you bought years ago and other times the paint is always lumpy or runny and the back door just wont fit.

finished.jpg

finished back.jpg

painted castings.jpg

Very Nice! Its as though you have created another machine where as most others would have sold off all the spares.
Well done that Man!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

What paint do you use?
on this machine, rustoleum sprays, humbrol enamels and Rowney acrilics