Really good spray paint on my latest hi-top

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coppinpr

Really good spray paint on my latest hi-top

Post by coppinpr »

Nearly finished my latest machine, just the JP to fit once the glass is cut tomorrow. This machine was a real mess and missing lots of bits, coin id, escalator, JP, top centre logo, all the glass and a back door, special award plate. Found everything in stock except the back door (anyone got one ...TF...?) and a good arm (waiting for a replacement from HP). The base was very bad, split in three places but I wanted to see if I could save it so fixed it up and it's not bad now.

I had a couple of new spray paints I wanted to try so I picked this colour scheme. The black is a Rustoleum paint from their Painter Touch range and is a Satin finish. It a good paint, goes on easy in thin coats and I like the satin finish but it would show any marks I think. The red is much more interesting. It's a German make, Molotow. I found the range in Hobbycraft and it's a great spray paint. It's acrylic. I've had good success with acrylic paint on a yellow Hi Top in the past. I thought it might be too soft but I've still got the yellow Hi Top and it's good as new. That was Humbrol but this German make is better, says "no run and no powder" and it seems as good as it says, certainly easy to use, covers very well (I used a matt white bottom coat). The finish is perfect (the photos don't do it justice - it looks streaky in the photos, it's not at all). I can certainly recommend this make of paint.
Attachments
the earlier Hi top
the earlier Hi top
paint.jpg
finished black hi top.jpg
finished2.jpg
humperdingle

Re: Really good spray paint on my latest hi-top

Post by humperdingle »

Love the yellow and black - really stands out.
coppinpr

Re: Really good spray paint on my latest hi-top

Post by coppinpr »

All finished now. I found ALL the parts that were missing in the workshop in the end, inc. a back door. It really came out nice, second best one I ever did I think (after the yellow "Deuces Wild"). I'm hoping it will get to Coventry this year, even if I can't :#: and it will be cheap!! I didn't pay a lot for it and I need the space !THUMBS!
Attachments
black finished side.jpg
black hi top finished1aa.jpg