The state of the (Pennymachines) Nation

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coppinpr

The state of the (Pennymachines) Nation

Post by coppinpr »

Every year for the last four or five years, on or about its birthday, I have checked the stats of the pennymachines forum just to see how it's doing.
Next week the forum will be 13 years old, so today I've taken a look at the forum's health. It's pretty good! Not its best year but far from its worst.
The average number of new members per year is almost exactly 100; in the past 12 months we got 166 people join (down on last years record of 200 but pretty good).
The best month for new members was, as always, November (23).
The worst was April, with just 6 (usually a good month averaging about 20) and July =7 (always a bad month).
Of the 1294 members who have joined over the 13 years, 504 (48%) have never posted at all; of the total posts of 31,639 just 5 members have posted 12,500 posts(39%)!!
There have been 3,508 different topics and the most members on line at one time was 114 (Sept 14 2013).

Bottom line is, we are doing very well, again! Most forums dedicated to minority subjects have a life expectancy of less than 2 years. The wealth of information in our archives is now so extensive that the forum is likely to continue to grow as the forum is clearly the best in the world for help and information.
But the real bottom line is this... thanks once again to Mr P for all the masses of work he does year in year out (nice of him to give the forum a new look as a birthday present) and to BP who also does so much for the forum (and provides comedy relief of varying quality) plus all the others who help with the admin to keep the forum fresh and interesting.

Long may it prosper!!! !!THUMBSX2!!
speedwell

Re: The state of the (Pennymachines) Nation

Post by speedwell »

hear hear !!!!!!
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

I third that "hear!" Thirteen years already? My, my, Einstein was correct: time does accelerate as one ages.

J Peterson
Accelerating in America
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Thanks guys! !THUMBS!
To complement coppinpr's annual checkup - more details for the statistically minded:
In common with most forums (or fora) most activity is from anonymous users who make use of the information but feel no need to participate.
On average we get around 33,000 visits a month of which around 10,000 are unique visitors. October was the busiest month this year, by a small margin, probably reflecting the Winter hobby syndrome.
Most are from Great Britain !WOW! Who'd have thought it? About a third as many are from the U.S., a similar sized chunk are of unfixed abode, then it's Holland (4,220 hits so far this month), France (4,100), Australia (3,460), Italy (2,345) and Germany (1,598). 815 hits came from the Ukraine!
The average visit lasts 21 minutes.

57.9 % use a Windows operating system; 34.2 % Macintosh and 6.5 % Linux.

Firefox is top browser at 22.2 %, followed by Chrome (21.4 %) and Safari (21.3 %). Mozilla and IPhone (PDA/Phone browsers) level peg at 13.6% with Internet Explorer (3.5 %) scraping in before Android, Opera and others.

The top search word is "allwins".
Google is the top referring search engine (89.6 %), far ahead of Microsoft Bing, Yahoo and AOL.

I could go on... !:STOP:!
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Please, go on......................... :o
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Well, I could go on to talk about exciting new features coming to the site soon. !SHSSS!
Only I may have already mentioned them some years ago. !!UHOH!!
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

By far and away my favourite site! !!CHEERS!!

Looking at the statistics, Mr PM, your creation probably does more for international relations than any of our useless politicians. The World would be a much happier place if we could just get allwins into the Middle East.....
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

coppinpr wrote:thanks once again to Mr P for all the masses of work he does year in year out
I could not agree more, the hobby owes much to Mr P, many thanks Mr PM. !!THUMBSX2!!