Rollite EEZY WIN

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Rollite EEZY WIN

Post by badpenny »

IMG_2172a.jpg

Having nothing to do today apart from observing a whole Year's weather in one day, I delved into the back of the cupboard under the stairs and dug out The Eezy Win I got several months back.
It's not really the sort of machine I normally acquire but I'd seen it before on eBay and liked it due to its 60s garish look and colours plus the fact it was a cake walk pusher and not just a sliding shelf type.

The first time I'd fired it up it growled like a Rottweiler and after some minutes had jammed solid.
Four nuts and a split pin later it's non beating heart was on my desk. It was one of those robust little French motors that are still available today if you've got a spare eighty plus of our English pounds surplus. It transpired the end float bearing on the motor was worn out allowing so much lateral play that it wasn't so much spinning more like rattling like a daffodil in the wind.
Schem.png
Schem.png (10.23 KiB) Viewed 3363 times

The noise isn't the problem with excessive end float, and although the chatter is telling you it's on the way out there are tricks you can do to make a temporary fix, but due to not running true friction slows it down and creates a lot of heat.
Luckily I know someone with a box full of New Old Stock equivalent motor/gearboxes that he's had hanging around for 40 years, so ten quid later Eezy Win had a transplant.
Whilst I was at it I also installed a cooling fan. Now she should be ready to run all day long.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (97.34 KiB) Viewed 3363 times

IMG_2176a.jpg

The play is great fun, with coins rattling around all over the place. At first I thought it looked too easy to win and couldn't see how the operator got his share, until I realised that about every 5th coin disappears down the hidden side chutes each side.
Also with the front off you can see that the lanes at each end are only half covered by the payout chute, so if the coins are walking along on the nearside of the cakewalks then they will drop into the payout tray, however if they come forward on the other sides then they don't get caught and you lose them. Swizz!

Good looking machine for it's age and not a transistor or printed circuit in sight.
moonriver

Re: EEZY WIN

Post by moonriver »

That's a nice tidy looking wall pusher and I guess a lot better to operate than the usual Jamieson that can be knocked and all the coins fall off, in that the coin flow is from back to front. I haven't seen one of these before. Good that you managed to repair it and even better no electronic parts. Didn't Rollite make those big pushers with the round oscillating deck?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: EEZY WIN

Post by badpenny »

Yes they did, I had the infamous "Piccalilli" covered here ..........
Rollite Products Ltd.

Good fun but a tad massive for someone who lives in an Anderson Shelter.
treefrog

Re: Rollite EEZY WIN

Post by treefrog »

When you first pictured this, I thought it was one of those plastic toys you see on eBay and in fact if I had seen on eBay would have thought the same and ignored.

On closer examination, it certainly has something....very different..

I wonder if it comes from the same camp as those fruit cocktail machines that were at the elephant a year back, similar colours and plastic/fibreglass she'll and coin entries...
Attachments
image.jpeg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

There's certainly a similarity in the form.

Although the shell is fiberglass, a lot of it is formed around a metal skeleton.
It's quickly becoming my favourite machine until the next new one ...... you know how it is? !!UHOH!!
chris roadhog

Post by chris roadhog »

Eric Rollinson (Rollite) started his serial numbers from 100 so it would look like many had been sold. This would also upset his competitors thinking he was doing better!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

William Bryan did the same I think.

I've added Eezy-Win to the Arena Portable Penny Pushers piece, together with a curious clown-faced pusher that appeared on ebay and Crompton's Moonraker.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

If you mean this one (I've forgotten my password and can't access Arena, not even sure if my subs are up to date)
Clown Face Pusher
Clown Face Pusher

I've got that one as well. :lol:
The face swings like a pendulum and the pennies rattle down the eyebrows, nose, cheekbones and mouth before settling either side of the orange divider which being attached to the face also rocks. Both piles of pennies are pushed towards the outside edges. It lights up too.
I haven't decided yet but it may be present at Coventry this year for your inspection and delectation. *BOWS*

If anyone's interested I'll do videos of this and Eezy Win in action.

BP
rippyspennyarcade

Post by rippyspennyarcade »

I would love to see videos of both pushers please Badpenny
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

badpenny wrote:If you mean this one...
That's the one! Yes, let's see moving pictures. !THUMBS!
No clue about the maker l suppose?
badpenny wrote:I've forgotten my password and can't access Arena, not even sure if my subs are up to date
Same as the Forum and, as mod, you have lifetime access. !BUNNY!
rippyspennyarcade

Still no videos of those pushers Badpenny. Was there not sufficient interest or have you forgotten about doing the videos which I was really looking forward to seeing, especially the Eezy Win.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

You'll be happy to know I have indeed videoed both of them.
You'll not be surprised to know I've lost the piece of string that ties my camera to the laptop.
:dammit:
rippyspennyarcade

I have the same problem Badpenny, so I understand. I look forward to seeing the films once the piece of string turns up!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I'm currently uploading to Youface the old fashioned way, I'm writing them a letter describing what happens in the video. !!UHOH!!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I can lend you some string if you think it will help. :!?!:
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

I will GIVE you some string,just send £9.99 to cover the cost of post and packaging.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

And here's the first one "The Clown Face Pusher", second one to follow ..............

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Eezy Win .......

rippyspennyarcade

Many thanks for those 2 great pusher videos badpenny, really enjoyable.
chris roadhog

Post by chris roadhog »

Clearly the Grandchild to Moonraker - note the same stars used on coin drop. Two cracking machines there Mr Bad and a good presentation!