Miss Universe

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
treefrog

Miss Universe

Post by treefrog »

I noticed on eBay a week or two ago the top flash for a pin up girl and a machine called miss universe sold. The pin up girl seen them before, but had never heard of the Miss Universe.....I am guessing covered by the same company, only one I could find sold 10 years ago at Bonhams for over £1300. Does not look as interesting as the pin up girl, but I assume rarer. Based on a Buzzou as stated on their site....anyone seen one
Attachments
image.jpeg
jra

Re: Miss Universe

Post by jra »

I have seen one because I have one in my collection.
JRA.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Let's see it then JRA... !!PHOTO!!

I've seen a few, but not for a while. The one above looks like a very clean example. I seem to recall a collector/dealer was offering a set of three many years ago - Pin Up Girl, Miss Universe and another... :!?!: I don't know who did these conversions either. I bet Daveslot could throw some light on the subject. He's owned most British machines at some time.

As treefrog says, they're all conversions from French roulettes and the Pin Up Girl (ex Bussoz Girouette) seems to be the most common.
jra

Post by jra »

043.JPG

Attachments
100.JPG
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Nice !!THUMBSX2!!
I don't understand the payout scheme - "Pay Out (1st & 2nd) 2D". If you select Africa and the African girl wins, you get 2D, but what determines a second place?

Is that a White City with an Oscar casting I see on the left in your gameroom?
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

PM, I imagine it works the way the French roulettes do with two different possible payouts on opposite sides of the wheel. On the later machines that was a bet of 25 centimes to possibly win either 50c or 75c token return for your chosen colour. And I guess the first and second place girls are next to each other on one side of the wheel, while 3rd and 4th are on the other side for the lesser return?
jra

Post by jra »

Hi pennymachines,
The machine you noticed is a Film stars with an oscar on the front, I will send a picture later when my picture sender pops round next.(not any good at it myself) As for the Miss Universe it has been in my collection for around 20 years and that was about when I last played on it. I will give it a try over next weekend to see if can answer you question about payouts.
Regards JRA.