American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
malcymal

Re: Current List of Old Penny Arcades

Postby malcymal » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:07 am

Yes Rebel, he has quite a few that are not working and this unfortunately is down to the fact his father Joe was the mechanic behind the fixing and would transplant transformers and parts to make a good working machine. They actually used to supply and service Butlins in the late sixties and early seventies with Jubilee and Aristocrat bandits, rows upon rows of them but moved to Ballys due to their profitability, increased speed of play, less jams and fiddling. Ive traded two Ballys to this arcade (one still working in the arcade) in exchange for a lovely jubilee riviera and an Aristocrat Esprit.

paul

Penny arcade in Oxfordshire

Postby paul » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:04 am

Topic moved & merged - Site Admin.

A fairly new penny arcade has opened in Witney, Oxfordshire. It's situated in The Shake Shop (upstairs) on the high street. It consists of about a dozen machines including an Ice Hockey, Time Limit allwin, Carousel allwin, 3-4 bandits (German), 1930s small fortune teller (nice rare thing), pusher, Challenger, etc. It also has an American Diner with a very nice set of 1930s fortune teller scales and jukebox. It's open every day.

treefrog

Re: Penny arcade in Oxfordshire

Postby treefrog » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:06 am

Funny how these things appear... There is a walk through of the shop on google maps... It appears they have had machines at least 4 years and I recognise a few from the Elephant House, like the pusher... I would have assumed the owner of them is known, but maybe not.

I wonder how many calories there are in a double chocolate shake with marshmallow. !PUZZLED!

http://shakeshop.co.uk/old-penny-arcade/
E1277835-B33F-40A1-BB58-7682A9D400E2.jpeg

alan57

Postby alan57 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:03 pm

Had a look today at Darren Hesketh's Penny Arcade at Bygone Times, Eccleston, Lancashire.
He still has his original arcade on the ground floor, and now has a slightly bigger arcade in the basement area.
Darren was still setting up his machines when I visited, but informed me both arcades will be open in the next couple of days.
I've included some pictures of both arcades, well worth a visit when you're in the area.
IMG_3112a.jpg
IMG_3111a.jpg
IMG_3106a.jpg
IMG_3101a.jpg
IMG_3109a.jpg

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:44 pm

Just added to Archive/Locations a recently opened vintage amusement arcade north of Bradford at Woodbank Nurseries & Garden Centre, Harden Road, Harden, Bingley. BD16 1BE. Excellent choice of classic machines to play in a suitably seaside-themed arcade. !!THUMBSX2!!
https://woodbanknurseries.com/old-penny-arcade/
Old-penny-Arcde-at-Woodbank-Garden-Cemtre-2.gif