American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
moonriver

Re: Bell Fruit Cascade

Postby moonriver » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:31 am

At check in I'd either get them to put it into the fragile hold, or persuade them to put a 'passed for cabin luggage' label on it and carry it onboard and ask the purser to put it into the crew wardrobe.
I do this frequently when travelling back from the US without any issues at all.

cait001

Postby cait001 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:02 am

Yeah, I am hoping to bring it on the plane with me in my hands, so that's why I'm looking for the exact dimensions to see if that's a possibility.
One of these darn things has got to make it's way to North America somehow! I've given up hope on a pajatso proper, but Cascade is an exact copy of a 1930s Finnish pajatso design, so that should be good enough for my purposes. ;)

moonriver

Postby moonriver » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:16 pm

Make a bubble wrap jacket for it, easy to take off if customs want to look inside, (and put back on again) then a nylon rope tied criss cross around it like a parcel and carry it by the rope much like a suitcase and make it look light and easy to carry.
Don't forget to get them to put a 'accepted for cabin luggage' label on it at check in, It will fit through the X-ray scanner at security no problem.
If they still ask you to check it in once you're at the gate, show them the 'accepted for cabin label' and say the purser will put it in the crew wardrobe. Adopt a positive demeanour like you carry these on board all the time.
Home and dry, try not to drop it when you get off at the other end.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:56 am

Professional pajatso cheats...

moonriver

Postby moonriver » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:02 pm

I guess the view you take on this depends on which side of the fence you were. In the UK it was a constant battle with cheats, from electro mechanical machines and the wrapping rolls of old 10p coins in sellotape, slicing them into single coins again with the extra band around them and rolling straight through the 50p slots, to early electronic fishing with strimmer wire with £1 attached through Mars mechs crediting multiple games. We were always playing catch up with the latest scam.

livinginthepast

Postby livinginthepast » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:09 pm

cait001 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:51 pm
Can someone give me the exact dimensions of a Cascade, and weight?

Measurements: 30 1/2 x 19 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches.

cait001

Postby cait001 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:21 am

livinginthepast wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:09 pm
Measurements: 30 1/2 x 19 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches.

Thank you!

pennymachines wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:56 am
Professional pajatso cheats...

LMAO when they just picked the damn thing up and turned it upside down :lol:

highchiro

Postby highchiro » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:52 pm

Still getting same issue with the third last trip. Polished glass and playing field as suggested. The penny as it moves across gets stuck at the elbow between the trip and the other piece holding the columns
CascadeTrips.jpg
CascadeTrips.jpg (22.5 KiB) Viewed 1144 times
of pennys. (The trip angle slightly backwards encouranging the penny into the elbow). Taking machine off the wall and shaking clears it. If not a full stack of pennys above it doesnt even shift it. Anyone else any other ideas. And yes putting it back together what a pain!!! And can replacent levers be bought cheaply so I can try a slight modification, (guy on ebay want £10 each bit!)

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:15 pm

Just a couple of thoughts....

Do you have a tension bar on the rear of the play field? You should have, as it holds it to the glass. These are tensioned with two thumb screws and I recall having a similar issue where these were over-tightened not giving free movement across all parts of playfield. Also, they should probably not be over-tightened risking cracking glass. Pressure is there to just hold coins close enough without dropping past guides. Maybe try releasing these bit by bit to see if it helps.

Secondly, later steel coins are not the same thickness as copper ones. Ever noticed if you get a difference from the variation?

highchiro

Postby highchiro » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:43 pm

I will loosen the tensioner now. And yes, the older coins did seem to work better. I wonder if that's it. Anynone else had the issue? Thanks.