Bell Fruit Cascade

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
livinginthepast

Re: Bell Cascade

Post by livinginthepast »

The coin flicker works nicer if you make it from brass
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

pennymachines wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:24 pm Here it is.
Thanks for that BP, I couldn't find it myself. Is it definitely 1.5mm thick ? it looks a bit thicker than that in the photos, mind you I do have 1.5mm thick brass sheet in stock !
raj

Re: Bell Fruit Cascade

Post by raj »

ref the flicker, it must be perfectly flat and polished up or it will stick. These are fun machines, but a pain when they play up.
1 use a magnet and get rid of all the steel coins if you can.

2 when refitting the trips on the workbench, put coins in the runways to hold the trips in place as you fiddle with the glass.

3 place glass on top of the backboard and secure very firmly with gaffer tape, 2 each side top and bottom. This can be left in place permanently and is easy to remove from half of the glass, leaving the rest to act as a hinge if more fiddling is required.

4 never transport flat as coins will end up all over the place and will need a stripdown......enjoy
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Biggest problem I have seen with the hammer is the wear that occurs on the face plate, eventually the hammer cuts into the faceplate and of course does not run smoothly. Common fix seen is to put a washer under the screw in corner of plate which takes away the wear on the plate. Yes hammer has to be silky smooth, so plated is best.

I know they were cheaply made, but from a playability they are one of the most addictive and enjoyable games to play and understand the prices levels reached. Only have one now and a keeper.
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

Thanks Raj and Treefrog for your advice, much appreciated.
cait001

Post by cait001 »

Don't forget that for the coin flicker you'll still need a bit of hardware to hold it in place, and that goes right through its center.
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

cait001 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:28 pm Don't forget that for the coin flicker you'll still need a bit of hardware to hold it in place, and that goes right through its center.
You'll need a shoulder screw, like this. Although I'm not sure of the size.
https://www.wdscomponents.com/en-gb/sho ... AEQAvD_BwE
Attachments
S-screw-1.jpg
S-screw-1.jpg (9.28 KiB) Viewed 5648 times
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

geordy55 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:45 pm
pennymachines wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:24 pm Here it is.
Thanks for that BP, I couldn't find it myself. Is it definitely 1.5mm thick ? it looks a bit thicker than that in the photos, mind you I do have 1.5mm thick brass sheet in stock !
I think you are getting your BP's and PM's muddled.
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

Well they both look so similar
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

..... to what? :o
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

Well finally got round to getting it working and it is soooo addictive, spent hours on it in the last couple of days.

I have one issue though, the bonus chute seems to ‘give way’ after no more than 3 coins are in it. I’m guessing it’s either too sensitive or something is wrong with the alignment.

Has anyone else seen this before?

Any help or advice appreciated, I’m going to strip it down next and give it a good clean!
Attachments
C630B9C3-CADC-4233-82C5-CC655FFB97B6.jpeg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

One common issue discussed on the site in the past is the bonus levers being reversed and they are chamfered slightly differently. Try reversing, a pain as you have to remove back panel. Can be caused in error, but would not be surprised operators did this to reduce wins as well
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

There are two mistakes everyone makes when working on a Cascade. First they take out the glass and all the parts "cascade" onto the floor, second when they put it back together they put the top arm of the bonus retainer in the wrong way round (you will find the bracket is not square at the top, but very slightly angled and the low side of the angle needs to face to the right). As it means taking the machine apart again to fix it you soon learn not to do it again.
I'm proud to say I joined the "I am a silly boy" Cascade club some years ago and was awarded my Cascade owners badge by BP himself. I wear it with pride (the wrong way round). :cool:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

One of the baffling questions of the universe is: -
If it's a 50-50 chance of it going in the right way, how come it never does?

BP !PUZZLED!
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

I was carrying two Styrofoam plates of uncooked chicken out to the grill last night when both slipped out of my grasp, flipped over and landed chicken-down on the ground. Why? !PUZZLED! !PUZZLED!

J Peterson
Chicken Little, USA
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

:!?!:

Did you apply the 5 second rule? :lol:
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

No, but I did scrape the majority of the dirt off the bird before plopping it on the grill. !!IDEA!!

J Peterson
Bacteria inspector, USA
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

coppinpr wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:59 pm There are two mistakes everyone makes when working on a Cascade. First they take out the glass and all the parts "cascade" onto the floor, second when they put it back together they put the top arm of the bonus retainer in the wrong way round (you will find the bracket is not square at the top, but very slightly angled and the low side of the angle needs to face to the right). As it means taking the machine apart again to fix it you soon learn not to do it again.
I'm proud to say I joined the "I am a silly boy" Cascade club some years ago and was awarded my Cascade owners badge by BP himself. I wear it with pride (the wrong way round). :cool:
Thanks Paul, it does look like it’s the wrong way round. I was thinking of taking it all apart to give it a good clean, looks like the decision has just been made for me !
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

... as a married man you should be used to that.
cait001

Post by cait001 »

Anyone think Cascade is too easy of a game? I wish it had the adjustable pockets to make it less generous.