American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Bell Cascade

Postby badpenny » Tue May 26, 2020 1:16 pm

Hi Geordie ...

I imagine the pressure bar is there, otherwise all the trips would be in a pile at the bottom of the case. Unless you've got the "grabity" turned down in your part of Lincoln.

I agree the coin reject mech is a bit of an oddity and not standard. The reason they're often missing is they were designed for the original 1np as issued in 1971. Then when the steel core 1np coins were released in 1992, their thickness was increased by .13mm. As the number in circulation increased the fewer were getting through the mech. Usually there's a fold of cardboard replacing it, why the owners at the time didn't deposit the mech inside the coin box I don't understand. It's what I always do with anything I remove from a machine, even if it's when replacing springs and split pins.
If you check through the "Search" facility above you'll find chapter and verse of laying on the floor between two chairs with the case suspended above you.

Anyway if it were me, I'd make a connecting tube from copper sheet or similar to line up the two ends. An original rejector would still need fettling so as not to be prejudiced.

BP !!COOEE!!

special when lit

Postby special when lit » Tue May 26, 2020 1:19 pm

If you search this site, there's pics & dimensions of the coin flicker & it's quite easy to make your own, out of a bit of 1.5mm flat plate.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Tue May 26, 2020 2:24 pm

livinginthepast

Postby livinginthepast » Tue May 26, 2020 2:32 pm

The coin flicker works nicer if you make it from brass

geordy55

Postby geordy55 » Tue May 26, 2020 2:45 pm

pennymachines wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:24 pm
Here it is.
Thanks for that BP, I couldn't find it myself. Is it definitely 1.5mm thick ? it looks a bit thicker than that in the photos, mind you I do have 1.5mm thick brass sheet in stock !

raj

Re: Bell Fruit Cascade

Postby raj » Sun May 31, 2020 8:49 pm

ref the flicker, it must be perfectly flat and polished up or it will stick. These are fun machines, but a pain when they play up.
1 use a magnet and get rid of all the steel coins if you can.

2 when refitting the trips on the workbench, put coins in the runways to hold the trips in place as you fiddle with the glass.

3 place glass on top of the backboard and secure very firmly with gaffer tape, 2 each side top and bottom. This can be left in place permanently and is easy to remove from half of the glass, leaving the rest to act as a hinge if more fiddling is required.

4 never transport flat as coins will end up all over the place and will need a stripdown......enjoy

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Sun May 31, 2020 8:59 pm

Biggest problem I have seen with the hammer is the wear that occurs on the face plate, eventually the hammer cuts into the faceplate and of course does not run smoothly. Common fix seen is to put a washer under the screw in corner of plate which takes away the wear on the plate. Yes hammer has to be silky smooth, so plated is best.

I know they were cheaply made, but from a playability they are one of the most addictive and enjoyable games to play and understand the prices levels reached. Only have one now and a keeper.

geordy55

Postby geordy55 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:22 pm

Thanks Raj and Treefrog for your advice, much appreciated.

cait001

Postby cait001 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:28 pm

Don't forget that for the coin flicker you'll still need a bit of hardware to hold it in place, and that goes right through its center.

special when lit

Postby special when lit » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:10 pm

cait001 wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:28 pm
Don't forget that for the coin flicker you'll still need a bit of hardware to hold it in place, and that goes right through its center.
You'll need a shoulder screw, like this. Although I'm not sure of the size.
https://www.wdscomponents.com/en-gb/sho ... AEQAvD_BwE
S-screw-1.jpg
S-screw-1.jpg (9.28 KiB) Viewed 770 times