American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
terry

Re: Bell Fruit Cascade

Postby terry » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:20 pm

Yeah, he's got a couple of machines on ebay at the moment. A Whales allwin and a nice Peerless viewer!

jonathans257

Looking for Cascade payout cup

Postby jonathans257 » Sun May 11, 2014 4:49 pm

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Help needed looking for a smallish payout cup to suit a Bell Fruit Cascade. Googled and googled and googled - only come up with a company in Pysons Road, Broadstairs. Can't find a supplier online.

treefrog

Re: looking for payout cup

Postby treefrog » Mon May 12, 2014 8:05 pm

If you mean the whole plastic insert that fits into the front of the Cascade, you would only be lucky if someone has a breaker, which maybe possible as I remember someone selling a front without trips etc. You could always make something out of sheet metal to fit as I doubt you would find an alternative....Also stick a wanted in the Market, you never know

glittering-prize67

Postby glittering-prize67 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:45 pm

What sort of payout cup? I have one I've been saving for a project, but I tend to make my own. If I do sell, it won't be cheap as it cost me a lot - rare as rocking horse crap. Mine is similar to an allwin type but square.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Looking for Cascade payout cup

Postby pennymachines » Tue May 13, 2014 11:31 am

That's one part you could make on a 3D printer.

raj

Postby raj » Tue May 13, 2014 12:55 pm

should be an easy DIY job, the front is 3'' square, the front hole is 1.5 ''wide & 1/3 8ths high.
Scrap plastic sheet or ply would do & use bent thin metal for the rear cup. You'll wait forever for anyone breaking a Cascade.
If you happen to buy the overpriced coin kicker arm often on ebay, it will probably need quite a bit of hard polishing on a wheel before it slides freely in the existing slide, I have found. Again, an easy DIY job to make one with a vice and pillar drill.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Tue May 13, 2014 2:32 pm

I've just found a post I put on 8 years ago. I wish I still had that machine, I seem to remember I was buying them for £60 and selling at collectors' fairs for £85 :dammit:

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:51 am
I have a Cascade, which I stored away in perfect condition for a couple of years. Then when I went to get it I found that it had been moved and was no longer upright (damn fairies tidying up again) Consequently all the coins were everywhere except in their chutes, as a bonus it seemed that whilst re-arranging themselves they'd managed to dislodge two of the trips.
Naturally they were nowhere to be seen. 1np's everywhere but two trips gone!
As it had to come apart I took the opportunity to place one of the remaining trips in my wallet, and a few months later at a collector's fair I found a chromed key ring fob which when I compared it the trip in my wallet was the same thickness.

Using the trip as a pattern I outlined the shape onto the fob, and manfully approached my bench grinder.
After an afternoon of stunning dexterity, I had managed to create two perfect trips, get through a box of plasters, spray blood up the walls and lose the tips of two fingers.
I defy anyone to identify them as not original and have the personal satisfaction of not having to worry about picking my nose in public.
BP

jingle

Postby jingle » Tue May 13, 2014 4:01 pm

I have loads of payout cups
There not these tho
There the square type
That glitter mentioned,
Let me know if this will do
Jingle

jonathans257

Postby jonathans257 » Wed May 14, 2014 4:55 pm

treefrog wrote:If you mean the whole plastic insert that fits into the front of the Cascade, you would only be lucky if someone has a breaker, which may be possible as I remember someone selling a front without trips etc. You could always make something out of sheet metal to fit as I doubt you would find an alternative....Also stick a wanted in the Market, you never know
OK, thanks for your help.
glittering-prize67 wrote:What sort of payout cup? I have one I've been saving for a project, but I tend to make my own. If I do sell, it won't be cheap as it cost me a lot - rare as rocking horse crap. Mine is similar to an allwin type but square.
Thanks, I'm going to make one in stainless steel then I can buff it up and I won't have to get it chromed.
pennymachines wrote:That's one part you could make on a 3D printer.
Thanks, I watched your video on 3d printers very impressive.

glittering-prize67

Postby glittering-prize67 » Wed May 14, 2014 5:22 pm

Well don't keep it a secret - let's see the finished product when you have made it. :D