Electric amuser "It's alive!!" but only if you win

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coppinpr

Electric amuser "It's alive!!" but only if you win

Post by coppinpr »

The electric amuser I bought at Coventry is now fully working. The Victorian medical electric shock machine slots nicely into the case with room for a nice large battery.

From the start I've been thinking of making it electric shock on a win only. I know that was not how it was designed but, for home use, and not trying to avoid the gaming laws it seems more interesting that way to me. With a bit of advice from BP on which switch would work best I rigged it up using the arm that turns on the light when you win, this way the light and the shock will stay on till you turn the payout handle to get your 1d the ball is released and the arm returns to the start position.

The shock is delivered through the two brass knobs. This means you can chose to have the shock or turn the win handle and switch it off without touching the live parts.

On the photo
1. is where the winning ball drops in, pushing the arm down on the left to switch (2.) on the shock machine and up on the right to switch on the light (3).
Attachments
switch.jpg
finished electrics.jpg
machine.jpg
dutchboy

Re: Electric amuser "It's alive!!" but only if you win

Post by dutchboy »

Coppinpr, that's looking very good! Enjoy it a lot and now continue with the Jennings?
!THUMBS!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

thanks DB, happy new year to you and family by the way !!THUMBSX2!!
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

That is a very good looking machine pc, does the mech indicate that it was originally a reserve allwin?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

if you mean did it give the reserve balls on a win the answer is yes it did and yes it still does :cool: Every one says the way it dishes out the reserve balls is the best part :lol:

I wonder if that too was an attempt to avoid gambling laws, as the machine only gives you your penny back for a 1d play so no profit but does give you the chance to win more with the reserve balls