American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
simon

Rotamint Duett

Postby simon » Tue May 02, 2017 9:26 pm

Hi all - although I have had this for some five years it has sat in the garage until now.

So have started to rebuild it and going fairly well. Having stripped the coin mech, it's running on 6d.

I have a real problem with the first set of switches behind the 'Start' button. In short they are not aligned properly at all so it won't light the button and I can only start it manually. I am sure I can sort this.

Biggest problem is the right hand relay in this photo. What does it do? I have got all of the others freed, but this one.... just doesn't seem to activate.
IMG_0163a.jpg

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Rotamint Duett

Postby badpenny » Tue May 02, 2017 9:59 pm

Hi ........

I'm puzzled I thought it was an automatic start.
You put in the coin and away it goes, no button to start it.

The three red plastic switches in a row on the front are skill stops.
When you say you start it manually are you holding down the micro switch the coin sits on?

BP

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Wed May 03, 2017 7:59 am

BP, I don't think Simon is having problems starting the machine but re-starting the reels as the three buttons are not skill stops but re-starts.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Wed May 03, 2017 9:51 am

Ah! ..... It's been about 15 years since I tried to kill myself with one of these.
They have tricksy voltages coursing around inside.

I guess Simon is reaching inside and pulling the lever connected to the pin that stops the reel, so it kicks in again.
Put a meter across the terminals on that button, if there's power check what's happening at the contacts on the solenoid that pulls the lever out.
If not work the other way towards the transformer via the reed switches at the top which are activated by the semicircle of plastic teeth which move under power from the motor and gearbox set in line next to it.

It's probably just a bad contact that's either been bent back by accident or sooted up from arcing.
Don't stand in a bucket of water while you do it. :didact:

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Wed May 03, 2017 9:52 am

I do have one of these somewhere, but I remember they usually have a wiring diagram on the door. If yours is missing, another member copied a diagram in the resources and has the relays operation see below, may be of help.

Rotamint Duett wiring diagram

simon

Postby simon » Thu May 04, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi, thanks all for comments.

The Duett is not the same as some of the other Rotamints I have owned. Most start upon coin acceptance and then you stop the reels to play. The Duett accepts coin and lights left hand button which is labelled start. (Although mine does not work) once started ( I am using the test mode on the switch -see diagram ) and then you can stop reel three using brake button and it prompts you to restart wheel one. Then normal brake on wheel two. The advantage is that it gives you another spin of reel one. The pain is that the switching is nasty.

Thanks for all tips and I'll try all. I agree with "tried killing myself" it's an evil machine with both 6v a.c and 240v on the same board

simon

Postby simon » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:56 pm

We'll, I have found that the right hand relay is the main control one, and I cannot get a spare, so I have wired a jumper around it.

I have had to put new springs in each of the reels, and took ages to get the coin dispense to work. It does now.

So the final job, is new drive lines. I have some 3mm drive Spring . It appears as though I need to make loops out of 400mm of the stuff for each. Does this sound right?

Someone dropped me a PM, this is a 6d one and I think was set up at the factory as such as the jackpot description on the switch notes inside are correct for the combinations.

simon

Postby simon » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:47 pm

Meh......not doing well. I replaced all of the reel springs with ones that are too strong. The additional force is making it hard for the motor to turn the wheels so they are will all have to be removed. Also I am going to replace the 3mm Spring lines with "rubber" stuff from eBay that can be joined with heat.