Bell Cascade Penny Deluxe no key

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
geordy55

Re: Bell Cascade Penny Deluxe no key

Post by geordy55 »

The pins ( or parts thereof ) are available on e bay at £9.99 per pin or part thereof. The kicks rolate is also available at £19.99.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Thanks geordy, that's good to know, although I have to admit to having to check that one via Google.
It's heart warming to learn that rolate are going strong and have been since 1964.
!!THUMBSX2!!
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

Sold for £300 plus buyers premium of just over 30% ( max if paid by card and via thesaleroom.com)
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

And I bet bought by someone not there.
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

I was watching it, but missed the precise time it went under the hammer due to worm commitments. I would have gone to maybe £250.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I have been watching this thread as I too couldn't get round to the auction. I was at a mate's flat having some grub waiting for the auction lot. He had an old VHS tape on his TV of a fairground in the '70s which helped pass the time. Suppose at that price it didn't cost the earth, especially if you were there? Anyway, we had a few beers and he got that legless he couldn't tie his bootaces. I mean he's harmless enough but when he was a teenager he used to get into fights over his surname being Lid. His sister used to calm him down. I used to date her. Ann was her name, she got married but I remember her as Ann....
dekka1974

Post by dekka1974 »

Well, I won the auction, arriving Wednesday or Thursday. £300, just need to get on Ebay now and get the trip that's missing, hopefully nothing else. I will post some pics when it arrives. Fingers crossed I can get it working.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

badpenny wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:57 pm
treefrog wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:49 pm Problem is the locks are usually ace type pin locks, a little tougher to drill, but I have done it.

Looks complete to me, the only bits inside that need to be there are the coin acceptor, pressure bar and cash box. If acceptor is there, which I assume is as coins are in the machine, then all good. Trips are complete and hammer
TF me old mucker, I refer you to my post above yours. The absence of a coin acceptor can be overcome with a bit of cardboard and Sellotape as I found out to my own distress, simply because there are coins in it is no guarantee.
Also take a gander at this enlarged picture of the machine, you may wish to reconsider your assurance that all the trips are there. You may also agree with me that the Bonus trip is in backwards.

cascade.png
Only just read BP's comment and yes half a trip missing, bloody eyes....one wonders where these go. Also on previous threads and the jackpot levers being reversed, which seems to have been a common thing happening to me as well and others. I wonder if not an accident and operator being stingy.

On another point looking at the pictures, is the glass cracked top left as I see old tape running across?