Jamieson Automatics Starlet restoration

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
special when lit

Jamieson Automatics Starlet restoration

Post by special when lit »

Topic split & moved from Jamieson Automatics Starlet Information manual V1.1 - Site Admin.

Well, thanks to Dickywink, I've now got my Autofruit working. There were a few loose wires, & a couple of old light switches & an extra relay, which I presume was some sort of payout limiter, so I binned that & managed to work out where all the wires should go, & managed to get it working & lighting up.
Only problem was, it would only pay out on a 2d win. Bit of head scratching & I realised that the payout discs on the cam timer were in the wrong place. Stripped it down & re-positioned them & now it works ace.
Case was pretty battered & the Formica was missing in places, so I gave it a quick blow over with a rattle can, might re-finish it, sometime in the future.
Attachments
DSCF0519a.jpg
DSCF0520a.jpg
DSCF0507a.jpg
DSCF0521a.jpg
larry_d

Re: Jamieson Automatics Starlet Information manual V1.1

Post by larry_d »

Very nice - bet you're pleased with that! I will be getting on with mine very soon as, thanks to Dickywink again, I sourced the correct transformer, which is harder to obtain than you think because both Maplins and a large supplier on ebay took my money and said they had despatched them only to tell me when I phoned them a week later that they had none in stock and would not get any in the near future!!!!! :evil:
dickywink

Re: Jamieson Automatics Starlet restoration

Post by dickywink »

Hey guys, great stuff ... Im glad it helped

If you want to refinish Ebay have a good selection of formica sheets
http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/formica-sheet

all the best

Dicky