American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Re: Snap

Postby coin-op » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:26 pm

I looked at the wall/table mount version and I did wonder if it was totally original or maybe is an altered floor standing machine. Whatever the case, I think the floor standing version is more pleasing, although the one you have been offered certainly is in many ways more convenient to site.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:47 pm

I believe the row of five Snaps I saw in a modern arcade in Bridlington last year were similar to your compact version, although they were on modern coinage. It struck me at the time how different they were to the floor-standing one down the road at Old Penny Memories. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture, but I don't think they had light-ups on top.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:54 pm

There are a couple of Snap machines at the Fairground Heritage Centre:
PERCIVAL'S PALACE OF PLEASURE
Our vintage slot machine arcade, loaned by Edward Percival and family, continues to go from strength to strength.

Richard and David Cadell, who run the Fun Cily Park, at Brean. in Somerset, have very generously donated a change machine, 1966 Williams Pintable, Steer a Coin and Streets' Snap Machines.

The latter two date from the 1970s, and it is important we display machines from this era, as of course many of our visitors can relate to these, more so than our older machines.

Robert Phipps and Simon DcVey also kindly donated a I960s Cromptons' Cakewalk pusher, once travelled by the late Joe and Joan Brewer. This has been in dry storage at Cullompton for 20 odd years, and after a little attention is now working and providing much needed revenue.

Kevin Gamlen is providing a wonderful, and ever increasing, selection of unusual machines, including a small merchandiser and a Triple Tap, with more on their way.

Other recent additions include an Electrodart and an unusual Catch a Clown, provided by Trustee Michael Smith.

We are currently seeking additional items to go into our very popular Penny arcade, which we intend to relocate double in size during the 2009 season.

All boxes are operated on current currency. We already have a number of extra machines promised, but would welcome more machines of all types, especially some working models.
Fairground Heritage Newsletter, No. 13, Spring 2009 (PDF)

Any of our members (other than Kevin) visited this yet?

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:51 pm

Here's the row of five Snaps, referred to above, at Premier Amusements Arcade in Prince Street, Bridlington. Interesting to see that, although the picture glass is a different shape and size from the first version posted in this thread, it has essentially the same cartoon artwork. Makes me think they were all made by Streets Automatics.
Photos courtesy Jon Kalb.
snaps.jpg
snap.jpg
snap-cu.jpg

chris roadhog

Postby chris roadhog » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:57 pm

As far as I know, they were made by Ken Wright who used to own Premier Amusements (now Anthony Shaw's) !PUZZLED!

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:41 am

Here's another, apparently later version, called Circus Snap.
CircusSnap.jpg

monk

Postby monk » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:50 pm

There is an arcade on the seafront, Canvey Island with one of these machines - guessing they must be a good 30-40 years old with an S1 mech fitted?

moonriver

SNAP for a snip?

Postby moonriver » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:55 am

Topic split, moved & merged - Site Admin.

!!YIPPEE!! The value of my Streets SNAP just went through the roof! The nice seller on Ebay says they're so rare , he's selling his for £4,995.

bryans fan

Re: Electro-mechanical Wall Machines

Postby bryans fan » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:02 am

I too saw this listing :o
I think there may be some gap between the asking price and the selling price.

slotalot

Re: Electro-mechanical Wall Machines

Postby slotalot » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:19 pm

SNAP so do I..... !PIGSFLY!